Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreja

Max number of elements on a page?

dreja

Is there a maximum number of canvas sections allowed on a page? I'm working on a page that has 10+ canvas sections, each section has 3 columns (2 text boxes and a media box) and scroll spy . I have 3 more canvas areas to add but it when I do, they disappear from the page when I refresh. I've now trying to consolidate the canvas areas but it's not making a difference. Has anyone run into this problem before?

batman

HI dreja

There are not a maximum number of canvas, I have one site with 13 canvas without problem.
Please, you can try with the clone buttom and you "publish" one by one.
;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

dreja

HI dreja

There are not a maximum number of canvas, I have one site with 13 canvas without problem.
Please, you can try with the clone buttom and you "publish" one by one.
;)

Hi Batman, 

Thanks for your follow up! 

I should have mentioned there is a problem when using the clone button (see the video example below). When I click it, the "green" light doesn't turn red so that when I refresh the page, the section I've cloned disappears. The same thing happens when I add in a new canvas.

Danny

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dreja

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Sure thing:

Danny

Okay, you have quite a few elements on the page and do believe that may be the cause. To rule out anything else, can you create a page template and try adding new elements and cloning them. Please do not add as many as you have on the page you linked and see if you're able to clone.

dreja

Okay, you have quite a few elements on the page and do believe that may be the cause. To rule out anything else, can you create a page template and try adding new elements and cloning them. Please do not add as many as you have on the page you linked and see if you're able to clone.

Hi Danny,

I tested this out and was able to clone 19 canvases, after that, it stopped cloning.

Danny

Awesome, thank you for testing this for me. I will bring this to developers attention. However, I do not believe this is something that will be fixed, as 19 canvases is rather excessive.

dreja

Awesome, thank you for testing this for me. I will bring this to developers attention. However, I do not believe this is something that will be fixed, as 19 canvases is rather excessive.

No problem, thanks