Sign in to follow this  
hansonexperience

Problem layout iblogpro in internet explorer

hansonexperience

My Layout of some posts break in Internet Explorer. The textbox of the posting is smaller then normal. Not all postings have this problem. Is it a java loading problem? I saw this an relative small screens (netbook and 1023x764) How can I solve this? I have added a jpg where you can see the problemZmDN3

bryan-hadaway

The first step to troubleshooting IE issues is to run your pages through: http://validator.w3.org/ Especially since this problem exists in some places and not others means it's likely due to some markup errors. Please post the link to your website. Thanks, Bryan

hansonexperience

Hi Bryan thanks. Yes I did run this once and asked why there so many errors in default templates.... answer was that these errors are no problem.... As you can see there are many problems related to google maps (standard in iblogpro) But which error do you think has something to do related to my problem of narrow blogposts in IE in some resolutions? You say "all of your pages"... but there are more then 3000 of them ;-) regards Hans

bryan-hadaway

Well let's work together and figure this out. Okay, for future reference here are some tips to bring down errors; XHTML strict and HTML5 require everything to be closed. So instead of `

` use `

` Instead of `whatever.jpg` use `Whatever` It's important to note that these are going to through errors visual on the front-end, but it certainly helps keep the back-end cleaner so we can more easily pinpoint real problematic errors. Okay, so give me two links to normal posts and two links to problematic posts. Let's try to figure out what one has that the other doesn't and we'll pinpoint the problem. Thanks, Bryan

hansonexperience

Thanks Bryan for your tips and cooperation. I tested it once again today and very strange. Layout is ok now.... What could be caused the problem do you thing?