Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sbatkwt

Maps Section Pointers Using Lat/Long Shortcodes

sbatkwt

Hi,

I'm trying to create a map on a custom post type using the Maps Section 

I want to have custom fields that hold the lat and long, then call these values in the maps section using short codes.

This works for the 'Google Maps Configuration' section, the map renders well, BUT I cant get the 'Pointer Locations' to present using short codes.

Is there something I can do to make this work?

Danny

Hi,

Where are you entering the shortcodes for the locations ? To my knowledge you won't be able to use shortcodes with the Maps section. If you want to achieve something like this, you may require a plugin instead of the Maps section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sbatkwt

Hi,

Where are you entering the shortcodes for the locations ? To my knowledge you won't be able to use shortcodes with the Maps section. If you want to achieve something like this, you may require a plugin instead of the Maps section.

Hi Danny,

Custom Fields/Shortcodes - Generally on the site I'm using the Advanced Custom Fields plugin and either their built in shortcodes or Custom Content Shortcode plugin shortcodes to access and display the custom field values.

This has worked well in all sections so far (nextbox, text area, masthead) but in the Maps Section, where I'm adding the shortcode in the section config window in the front end DMS editor, there is a problem with the Pointer Locations.  Using the shortcode (accessing the custom field value) works well with configuring the Google Map but Pointers do not render.  Here is a test page http://www.berhrn.com/venue/testvenue/

Danny

You're going to need to show a screenshot of where you're adding these shortcodes. However, I am of the opinion that what you're attempting is not going to work in the Maps section. Therefore, you're going to need to use a Maps plugins which may allow you to achieve this.

sbatkwt

Hi Danny, 

Thanks, screenshot available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihgin8eorokvru9/Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 21.35.21.png?dl=0

I've tried setting up the lat-marker as a separate customer field (as you see in the screen shot) but it also is the same when the same shortcode is used in both the Google Maps config and Pointer Config.

I'll start researching maps plugins... if you think you've got a solution so can keep the mgmt within DMS please let me know!

Sean

Danny

Yeah, those fields do not support shortcodes only coordinates. It states that to locate your coordinates, you need to use http://www.mapcoordinates.net/en

Therefore, yo will want to ask this question on the WordPress support forums and see if anyone can recommend a plugin.