Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vogelwild

Recommendation needed - Multilinguale

vogelwild

Hi all :) 

I'd love to get a recommendation regarding DMS 2 and a multilingual language website that I'm going to build.

• How would you setup such a WordPress website with Pagelines DMS?
  • What are your experiences with plugins and DMS 2? 

Last time it was a bit complicated. I used WPML, but of course had problems with translating e.g. content which was stored in DMS sections. So I tried to work with widgets which was great for WPML but "not so" for the look and feel ;) Any hints or tricks?

Thank you!!

P.

Danny

Hi,

I don't have any experience in creating a multilingual website nor WPML. However, some of our users to my knowledge have no issues with WPML. Some also use a plugin called PolyLang, maybe give that a shot.

Please search our forums, before posting!

vogelwild

Thank you Danny! You are awesome ;-)

I've found a few more possibilities and I think I'm going to choose a

• WP Multisite
  • with a plugin called "Multilingual Press Pro". 

Here a few links that could be interesting for others too:

• Similar Content

• DonRicardoRVM
      By DonRicardoRVM+
      ¿Where can  I translate the english items "Orders", "Adress", "Payment Methods". "Edit Account" and "Sing Out"of the my account page of the plugin Quickshop? In the po file they are not.
      I think that it have relation with this error: "Your theme version of my-account.php template', '2.6', 'the latest version, which supports multiple account pages and navigation, from WC 2.6.0".

I use the Frame Work Pagelines´s Child theme for platform 5.

• JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      We are working on a 2 languages site (https://liguecardioliga.be) with wpml, and lately the call of a category in the loops section (and all the sections requiring a category to select posts) doesn't work in the translated language. It worked well until recently so I wonder if it's because of a recent update (wordpress, wpml, pagelines, a plugin?). Anyone has the same problem? a solution?
      TIA
    • mrhinsh
      By mrhinsh+
      I am trying to get WPML working on my Pagelines instance. I am interested in getting help from anyone that has tried, especially @claudedagenais who seams to have it working.
      My issues are:
      How to translate header and footer How to get the menu to show all nav even if not translated How to get non-translated posts /pages to show up when only in default language - true for Masonry, Newsfront, and other list showing items... I have zero skills in PHP and its my site for my company. 
      note: Multi-lingual is a business decision and is required. I have vetted all of the multi-lingual options and the only one fit for purpose is WPML. 
    • JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      How can you set the translations with platform5, the parts that are not in pages or posts? Texts and images…
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      What's the best way to have multilingual in pl5, any plugin that stands out from the rest and is logical for the pl5-workflow?