Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disaj

Posts categories filtering

Disaj

Hi,

I have added the masonic gallery to my page and configured it to show posts.

1. How can I display only a certain type of posts? e.g. portfolio
(yes, I have read the Tip Use a plugin to create custom post types for use.) but that doesn't explain how to do it.

2. can I add a second masonic gallery to my page but this time showing a different category? e.g. news

3. I bought Powerloop believing it would allow me to achieve the above, but that was a total waste of money (the documentation is so un-helpful! No examples, nothing... very disappointed with this). Why can't there be a drop down menu that would allow me to choose which category to display instead of having to enter some archaic shortcode for which there are no examples how to configure?

Furthermore the powerloop is supposed to be full width or content width, I've used the full width and see what I get:

http://wpstylist.co.uk/

(the loop is just above "lets talk") any ideas on all these points?

Danny

Hi,

1. Is Portfolio a category for your posts or a custom post type?

2. No, you can only select between post types i.e. posts, pages etc...

3. That is full width, there is just a margin either side due to the sites max width.

In my opinion the best section to use to achieve the layout you want, is to use the PowerLoop section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Disaj

1. Portfolio is a category

PowerLoop.

What is the shortcode to use in order to display only a specific category?

Disaj

I've created custom posts with the use of a plugin and I've sorted the powerloop.

Now the masonic gallery: how can I configure it to display only a type of (custom) post?

Please?

Disaj

which custom post plugin do you recommend?

Disaj

Hello Danny,

I've managed to get custom posts running, the masonic gallery shows only posts of type portfolio so that's good, but now the problem I have is that the recent posts widget only shows entries from 'normal' posts and not my custom posts, further more I can't show the blog roll for the custom posts, can you help?

Danny

We can not provide support to widgets, you will likely need to use a widget that you can configure with different posts types. In regards to your other question, what do you mean you can not show the blog roll for custom posts ?

Disaj

1) This is exasperating... DMS provides only half-baked tools. For example: the masonic gallery allows to display custom posts but these can't be retrieved!!! I'm getting really annoyed with DMS, my list of irritating things is getting longer and longer, so please pass this is on to the administration and I'd be happy to list all the bugs/niggles currently plaguing my work and making my web designer life not easy as DMS claims to, Note: I'm not having a pop at you ok?

2) for example go to wpstylist.co.uk and open the source code and search for: <!-- Masonic Gallery | Section Template --> 

see what I mean!!!

3) I want a refund for the power loop plugin what are the steps for this.

Danny

1. I am not sure what you mean, Masonic section works with Posts, Pages and Custom post types you have created. It is then very simple to select which post type is used to populate the section, as it is selected via a drop-down menu, as see from this screenshot - https://cloudup.com/cqiW5njzWlm

As you can see I have the option to choose Posts, Pages and two custom post types, I have created Movies, Articles. Therefore, I am not quite sure what you're referring to when you say can not retrieve them?

2. As far as I can tell, you have one Masonic section above another, but the one above hasn't been configured correctly.

3. Why do you wish to request a refund for PowerLoop, it is extremely powerful what is the reason for the refund request?

What other issues are you having, if you can list them I will see if I can resolve them for you.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?