Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

terrykiwi83

DMS2 Slider is too big

terrykiwi83

Hi there,

I just have a quick question that I hope can be easily answered. Basically we are using the DMS 2.1.9.3 Framework and have 'activated' the revslider on our site. The current dimensions of the revslider are 2000x800 which is way to big for our site. My question is, how can I resize it so it fits with the rest of the site (From the logo to the end of the contact text would be an ideal size), is there a setting somewhere that I haven't discovered yet? 

The site in question is: http://megatron.homelinux.com/arataki/

Thanks in advance :)

Terry

Danny

Hi Terry,

Not sure what you're asking, to be honest, you say it's too big, but you want to increase the size so that it goes from the logo to the end of the content?

Please search our forums, before posting!

batman

Hi terrykiwi83

If I understand 

Terry, please you can try add this CSS rule to your custom CSS or child theme

.pl-scroll-translate {

padding-left: 4em !important;

padding-right:4em !important;

}

You can modify 4em as you like, but i like your rev slider in all the width of the web
;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Aires

Hi, I think he may just want the slider to be content width instead of full if I under stand correctly.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

terrykiwi83

Hi all, thanks for all the replies. Aires is correct in his assumption that I would like the slider content width. Sorry about the confusion.

Danny

The RevSlider is a full-width section, therefore it is going to be full width on your site. However, you can change this, by using a child theme and then creating a child section of RevSlider. To do this simply copy the RevSlider folder from the DMS > Sections folder and paste it into your child themes sections folder.

Once added, open your favourite code editor and edit the sections.php file. Once open, add dual-width to the filter: tag, if full-width is there, replace it with dual-width. I have already done this here and you're free to use this one - https://github.com/Dannyholt/dual-width-revslider

Once downloaded, extract the zip, rename the directory revslider and place it into your child themes sections directory via FTP client. Once the upload has been completed, open up the DMS Toolbar Add to Page and click the Reload Sections. Upon reload, there should now be two RevSlider sections full-width and content width.

Aires
Will this work for any section. If so this is awesome.

Is there a downside from doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Danny

It should work for all sections. However, please be aware that if you encounter issues when performing these actions, we will not be able to assist.

• Similar Content

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      Hello,
      I am wanting to know what the status of the Pagelines Platform.
      I have noticed that there has been absolutely no updates on Platform 5 for over 8 months.
      Please tell me you haven't gone off on another tangent and going to build the next great solution
      and then leave all of us to have to completely rebuild our sites like we did for
      Pagelines, then DMS, then Pagelines Platform.
      I like what you build, but what you need to do is build one product and then make it better, rather than 
      abandoning it and building something else.
      You haven't done anything for so long that even WordPress is providing a warning.
      "Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress."
      So what is the Status. I mean if I am going to pay a monthly fee for a product, I don't want to pay for one
      that is no longer being supported. You have a great product, I'm not bashing it, I'm just wondering what 
      your next move is because I have business decisions to make for myself, and whether of not this is something
      I should stick with.

Please be kind enough to respond.

Thank You,
      Anthony
    • stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      The Filtering of categories in the Masonic Gallery refreshes back to ALL categories when the DMS Revslider loads a new image?
      Anybody any idea? See Artists Category refreshes back to ALL when the DMS Revslider with images on the top loads a news image on http://www.18hrsfestival.nl/
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.