Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nandorj78

Flipper

nandorj78

Hi,

Is there a way to make Flipper show more than 6 posts?

Or, for eaxmple I could divide it... Let's say I put a flipper section showing posts 1,2,3,4,5,6, then add some other stuff right below it and then another flipper section showing posts 7,8,9,10,11 and 12?

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

To do something like this you will want to use the Custom Meta options. However, you will need to update all posts with the meta each time you publish a new post. So really it isn't possible.

What I would suggest is using the PowerLoop section and using the offset option.

Please search our forums, before posting!

nandorj78

Thanks, but how do I use the offset option?

nandorj78

I'm not sure if I was clear enought. I would be totally satisfied if Flipper could show, say 12 posts in two lines of 6 post, for example.

Danny

You can't use Flipper in that way or you can, but it would be a lot of messing around for you. As you would need to update all 12 posts everytime you publish a new post which isn't something you would want to do.

Therefore, You could setup PowerLoop using the offset option. If you set the offset option in PowerLoop to 5, it will ignore your latest 5 posts and start showing the 6th post in your loop.

Please search our forums, before posting!

nandorj78

Again, how do I use the offset option. Is there a documentation or tutorial around?

nandorj78

I'd also want an explanation on how to use the meta key and meta key value options on Flipper. What do they do exactly? How do I set it up?

thanks

nandorj78

Thanks,

I'll give it a try!

• Similar Content

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      I am using the Powerloop plug-in on my DMS website and can sort my elements by Postdate, but I want to sort the pages in Alphabetic order.
      Actually the same question for sorting Flipper content in Alphabetic order instead of Ascending / Descending / Random options.
    • dreamsight
      By dreamsight
      We only want the images and title mouse-over, not link/click to the actual post the title is from.
      Any ideas anyone?
      Thanks
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      I just installed and added the Flipper section to my home page and it makes my navigation/menu bar items disappear.
      They do show up again when scrolling down and everything seems normal on the other pages.
      http://yemoonyah.com
      Thanks.

• king_kcm
      By king_kcm
      Is there any way to hide the excerpt in Flipper, and the navigation arrows?
    • nandorj78
      By nandorj78+
      How do I hide (or change) the category title in the Flipper section?
      Could there be a setting for this in the editor?