Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djrwebsite

Sub Header Text/Tagline - can I add this?

djrwebsite

Beginner, so please explain as simply as possible!

I have put together our website, have added the logo to the header which has aligned left of the header area.  However I would like to add some sub heading text / tagline to the right side of the header, a sort of brief explanation of us that will make up part of the header on each page.

So, our company logo - DJR Engineering Ltd is to the left and to the right I would like to add 'Welding & Fabrication Services in Aberdeenshire'

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

To do this you have two options, you can either use a hook which is considered advanced customization so we do not provide assistance or you can use multiple MediaBoxes. For example, you could use two MediaBoxes in your header region. One for your logo image and the other for your text.

Please search our forums, before posting!

djrwebsite

I'll have to work on that, did play about with the boxes, but wasn't quite getting it right.  I struggle with the drag & drop and what everything means, but happy to leave my website as it is for now.

One other question which you may or may not be able to help with.  I have installed 'SpiceMailer Social Icons' widget and am not sure how I get a facebook icon to show on my website.  I have followed the instructions I was given, but it's not appearing on my website, I think this is to do with sidebars not being enabled or something, I really don't understand what the sidebars all are.  I have a fairly simple site and basically would like to add a facebook link either to the footer of the page or along side the menu bar.  Which sidebar should this go in, and is there somewhere that I have to enable this or not hide it?

Sorry to go off topic, hope you can help!

Thanks

Danny

If you're having issues with a third party plugin, you will need to contact their support.

Please search our forums, before posting!