Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark_Hazeldine

DMS 2 theming and styling - so confused

Mark_Hazeldine

Hey,

so I'm currently running 2 sites on DMS 1 free version. Both are pretty basic, with not much customisation done. I am thinking of buying DMS 2, but am unsure if it's right for me.

I am a bit confused about DMS Core, vs core themes and child themes. What I am hoping DMS 2 will do for me is let me configure the site's layout AND styling in a WYSIWYG manor, like Headway or Squarespace, however, for the life of me, I can't work out if DMS 2 would let me do that. From looking at the website, demo and blog, it looks like all I can do is drag and drop sections, and if I want to control any styling, I will basically need to code it in some language called LESS, which I have no idea about. So, basically, I need to be an experienced developer in order to use DMS 2. Is that about the some of it, or have I completely got the wrong end of the stick?

I'm not looking to do anything crazy. I just want to do things like choose fonts, font colours, background and border colours, define margins and padding etc. All the usual CSS type stuff that is easy to do in other tools.

If this can't be done with DMS 2, are any other tools available that would be compatible with DMS that would allow me to do the easy styling, AND get the cool drag and drop sections that come with DMS 2?

Thanks, Mark

batman

Hi Mark_Hazeldine

With the DMS2 you can choose fonts, colors, border, padding with simples CSS rules like the DMS1 in your Custome CSS or in a child theme.

You can use LESS too, this is not very difficult to learn.

Please you take a look to this before upgrade 

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33474-dms-20-how-to-upgrade-from-dms-11x/

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Mark_Hazeldine
Are there any WYSIWYG tools available for editing the styling? I don't want to have to write code. I don't even mind paying extra for something like that, just don't want to have to learn coding. Its just not user friendly.