Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michaeldallas

Feature Request: Easy Responsiveness

michaeldallas

Controlling responsiveness is difficult and requires painful coding.  An over-the-top feature would be to include responsive controls into the DMS.

1) In each Section Edit box (i.e. where the CSS and HTML code boxes are located), include check boxes that controls whether the Section is to be included at certain screen (device) sizes.

Example:

Device size A (aaaa x bbbb): Yes

Device size B (cccc x dddd): No

2) Put input boxes so the order of the Sections can be controlled when they are stacked for smaller devices.

Example:

Section / Order Number

Section a: 1

Section b: 3

Section z: 2

Danny

Hi,

We already provide this feature, it is part of the DMS Pro Tools plugin and allows you to control whether a section is visible if a user is of a certain role, logged in/not logged in and on hide/show on mobile devices.

Please search our forums, before posting!

michaeldallas

Thanks.  

Two things: 

1) The feature does not seem to work on MediaBox sections - When I click the box "Hide this section for mobile users" the editor does not update.  When I refresh the page, the box is not checked.  

2) I don't think you answered my question about how to control the sort order of the sections when they stack for a mobile device.

Danny

If the box isn't staying checked, then it is likely you're not allowing the save indicator to save correctly or you have a plugin causing an issue.

There is no option and an option to control how sections are stacked on mobile devices will never be implemented. The idea is that when you view your site on a mobile device the content is in the same order as it is on your main site. All that happens is that they become blocks and are placed under one another. Why would you want to have your mobile site have sections in a different order?

michaeldallas

1) RE: Responsive controls bug - I take it that you just fired off an answer without investigated the bug for yourself.

2) RE: Order control - The reason you would want to control the order is so that more important Sections can go on top.  The current methodology assumes that the most important stuff is on the left and least important on the right.

michaeldallas

CONFIRMED BUG IN PAGELINES:

The responsive feature does not work on MediaBox sections. When I click the box "Hide this section for mobile users" the editor does not update.  When I refresh the page, the box is not checked.  

All plugins were disabled and the MediaBox bug did not resolve.  Please confirm.

Aires

That feature does indeed work see my testing site http://mytestdesigns.pw/

The media box is after the large image

Aires 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Danny

I have just this moment added the option to hide on mobile on my test site, when I view the site on a mobile device there is no MediaBox. Please be aware that this option will not work by simply resizing your browser as your browser isn't a mobile device. The option uses the wp_mobile function and, therefore, it is not based on screen width, but the browser user agent. Therefore, resizing your browser will not work.