Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spint_jeremy

DMS Editor Doesn't Load

spint_jeremy

I added four columns under the header on the home page, then put a text box in each; then I added a href link to Facebook in the first text box and when I clicked refresh the DMS editor refused to load. I have removed scripts and disabled all plugins. Using the JavaScript Console is not showing any errors.

Please help as I'm out of ideas and stuck.

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question and also the code you used please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

spint_jeremy

www.tallshipsevents.co.uk, the code was just a href to a Facebook page, I don't have exact copy as just created on the fly. The scripts and plugins are all enabled at present as site stops running when they are disabled.

Danny

Which page are you referring to, as I am going to need to know what code you have added. As valid HTML will not crash the DMS Editor. Therefore, the issue is either related to your custom code not being valid or you have plugins causing the issue.

spint_jeremy

The problem is with the homepage, I think the code was <a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/tallshipsevents" target="_blank">Facebook</a> but I can't be sure as I wrote it on the fly. I've tried deactivating all plugins both in WP and via FTP and renaming the plugins directory, I've tried removing all script from the page, I've tried clearing the cache. Nothing makes any difference the DMS editor won't load. 

spint_jeremy

I think I've found the entry I was working on in the database:

{"textbox_title":"<head>  <style>  h6 { text-align: center; } h6 {     color: #ffffff; }<\/head> <body>  <h6><a href=\\\"https:\/\/facebook.com\/groups\/tallshipsevents\\\" target=\\\"_blank\\\">Facebook<\/a><\/h6>","textbox_content":"","textbox_font_size":"","textbox_align":"","textbox_title_wrap":"strong","pl_standard_title":"","pl_area_class":"","pl_standard_styles":"","pl_hide_on_page":"","textbox_pad":"","textbox_animation":""}

Danny

You can install the DMS Pro Tools plugin and then enable section admin. This will allow you to edit the options of a section that have caused issues.

spint_jeremy

Already done that and it isn't showing any installed sections.

spint_jeremy

If I just delete the entry in the database that I was working on at the time it failed will that cause any issues?