Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hwbarrow

Plugins crashing DMS edtor

hwbarrow

Please help. I cannot activate plugins without crashing the DMS editor. My theme, wordpress and plugins are all up to date. Even the Pagelines Pro Tools plugin crashed the DMS editor. I cannot edit my pages without disabling my plugins.

site is at: www.louisvillekydivorce.com/CMS/sample-page/

Danny

Hi,

What happens when you enable a plugin, how does DMS "crash"?

Also, if DMS crashes when you enable the Pro Tools, it is very likely that you're using the CDN option and it isn't configured correctly.

Please search our forums, before posting!

hwbarrow

The editor fails to load and the formatting of the page is lost. I cannot edit my page. If I disable all plugins it works fine. Any standard plugin, if enabled, causes the issue (contact forms 7, wordpress seo, pagelines updater, etc). This happens if I activate the DMS without a child theme or with my child theme. I reinstalled both wordpress and DMS and the problem persists. I have used DMS on many sites, but have not had this issue. I am completely stumped.

This is a very simple install. Fresh wordpress install on a new database hosted on a 1and1.com shared business hosting package. I then download and install DMS from my pagelines account and create a simple child theme using the template from github. I do not bloat my pages with sections and do not load plugins until I have the pages built out. I happened to activate a contact form plugin and noticed the problem.

Danny

You're going to need to enable your plugins one at a time and see which is causing the issue. As this isn't an issue with DMS. If as soon as you enable any plugin on its own i.e. no other plugins active regardless of which it is and DMS fails, then it is very likely that this is related to your hosting.

hwbarrow

Each and every plugin, individually causes the problem. It is not an issue with any plugin. I host 11 other wordpress sites on the same server account without issue. Only DMS malfunctions

Danny

I have just this moment enabled WordPress SEO (which we use on PageLines.com), Contact Form 7 and none of them when activated cause DMS to fail or malfunction. Therefore, the issue is on your website/server.

Please send me a PM with the following info:

1. A link to the topic so I know what the PM is referring to.

2. A link to the site in question

3. Your admin username/password

4. Make sure all plugins are disabled and all custom code has been removed (if you have added any).

hwbarrow

Thank you Danny. I sent a PM. I have installed a new database and fresh install of wordpress and DMS. I also update chrome. The problem persists. Thank you again for you help

hwbarrow

I have another page that is suffering from the same problem. I updated wordpress and now the DMS editor will not work, even with all plugins deactivated. I will not update wordpress on any of my DMS sites for fear of this happening again

Danny

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide support whilst you have a child theme active that has that many custom functions. This isn't a child theme by PageLines and therefore, it is very likely that this is the casuse of your issue.

hwbarrow

I didn't realize that I wasn't using the pagelines child theme. Where can I find the standard child theme?

hwbarrow

I am using the skeleton base theme provided by pagelines. I simply changed the name and thumbnail. There is nothing custom about it.

hwbarrow

Even if I disable the child theme DMS editor breaks. What a cop out.

Danny

Not sure what you mean by Cop out? 

I have logged into your site and the DMS editor and toolbar appears to be working as intended? Therefore, can you tell me the following please:

1. Is it crashing on specific pages or all pages?

2. When you enable the DMS Pro Tools, have you configured the CDN option? If this isn't configured correctly, it can cause issues.

Therefore, as I am unable to encounter your issue whilst logged in your website. Therefore, can you provide any screenshots of your issue please.

Also, regarding your child theme, I apologise, at first I assumed you were using a custom theme.

hwbarrow

Danny, I began using your simple skeleton child theme instead of the advanced skeleton and it resolved some of the problems. With the simple child theme I can enable many plugins, but not all. I cannot get a form plugin to work. Contact Forms 7 is the simple plugin that I have, and it crashes the DMS editor. I will have to disable all contact forms on my website when I want to make changes.

Everything was working until I updated wordpress to the latest version.

I alos noticed that DMS editor breaks whenever I have the Voyant menu (from the Voyant theme) loaded into my child theme.

I have tried starting from scratch 4 times with fresh instalations, various child themes, and new databases.
All very strange and frustrating, but I have decided to continue developing the site, making frequent backups.

Please let me know if you ever learn of what the problem is.

Danny

There should be no issue enabling and using the Forms plugin, can you record your issue please so I can see you enable the forms plugin and then in the video show us your DMS editor crashing please.

To record your issue we recommend either Jing, QuickCast or RecordIt.

jharri74

I am having the same issue. I am using 1and1.com business hosting. I am using all of the same plugins I always use (contact form 7, enhanced text widget, Custom SidebarsCustom Post Widget). I have even deactivated them all and still can't get the editor to work.

my website: http://blacklabelthemes.com

Danny

@jharri74

Can you send me a PM with the following info please:

• A link to this topic so I know what the PM is regarding
  • A link to the site in question
  • Make sure all plugins and custom code have been disabled/removed
  • Your admin username and password

@hwbarrow - Can you do the same please.

Danny

So I have just logged into your site and I am able to load up the DMS visual editor and toolbar. Therefore, do you have any browser extensions installed? If so, please disable them and see if this resolves your issue.

https://cloudup.com/cZUu_95ZLyQ

jharri74

I see thanks. But as soon as i activate any plugin, for example Contact Form 7, the editor fails to load.

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 11.21.28 AM.png

• Similar Content

• uniworks
      By uniworks+
      Running WordPress 4.8.1  Unable to update to new versions of Pageline plugins (6 total). 
    • tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+

I have problems with the scroll, someone who can help me?
      Video_1487265541.wmv
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      After the latest update of platform 5 and other Pl plugins the forms stopped working. Do you have an idea what could be the problem for that?
      https://www1.test.queue-it.com/pricing/

• nandorj78
      By nandorj78+
      This discussion has appeared today on the Facebook User Group and we decided to have a vote to know what the users judge more important.
      Let me know which questions you want me to add to the poll.
    • butcher
      By butcher+
      Hello.
      I was present at online google meeting and I already then I was expressing my concerns. I agree to some point they could be better as plugins but...
      1. Installing extensions as plugins right now is kinda annoying dont you think ? You have to install it one by one, in a new window. Should be install All option ! A must have. The also could be categorized to some groups with the same Install whole group option.
      2. Having another 20+ plugins in your plugin list creates a messy and long list... Its a good idea with Pagelines plugins sub category, but IF we cant avoid extensions as plugins they shouldnt be connected with all the rest on a default list.
      Please rethink it and consider my suggestions.
      Anyone from Beta testers having similar feelings ?