Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

artos90

LESS PARSE ERROR

artos90

I am using DMS2 on my website at http://leanmfgonline.com

I have just started getting this error at the top of the page in my admin dashboard.

/* LESS PARSE ERROR in your Custom CSS: parse error: failed at `my-border-bottom` line: 1669 */

I have checked through the Custom CSS for my-border-bottom and cannot see any problem with it.

Any ideas why I this would sudddenly apprear

Danny

Hi,

Your custom CSS for border-bottom is 5px solid orange, you're missing the closing semi-colon. Althought this isn't invalid CSS, it is very bad practice. If you have been doing this throughout your CSS, then you will need to correct it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

artos90

Danny, 

Thanks for the reply. I am a little confused because I checked the custom CSS and it had the semi-colon. I even took the code out and I still got the message, so I put it back again. Another thing I don't understand is why the parse error message is saying 1669.

I copied and pasted the custom CSS into this message in red text :

/ ADD BORDER
// *****************

.gw-border-top {
    border-top:5px solid @baseContrast;
}
.gw-border-bottom {
    border-bottom:5px solid @baseContrast;
}
.my-border-bottom {
border-bottom:5px solid ffae1a;
}
.my-border-top {
border-top:5px solid ffae1a;
}

There are closing semi-colons.

Appreciate your help. 

Chris Turner

Danny

You have far more custom CSS than that you have provided above, I have copied all the custom CSS from your page source and it is full of missing semi-colons for the last value on each rule. Therefore, you're going to need to review all your custom CSS for mistakes, as that is the only way a parse error can be caused. By invalid CSS. Below is a screenshot of some of your CSS errors:

https://cloudup.com/cJQVgBYh0vr

No semi-colons at the end of your CSS is very bad practice, you will want to resolve this by adding them to all your rules. Also, you will need to get out of the habit of do this, as it will cause issues. Especially, with pre-processing CSS such as LESS.

artos90

Danny, 

I appreciate your input. I did not write the custom CSS. I purchased the theme from Pagelines Academy. I will go through and check the CSS. Is there an LESS validation tool that you could suggest that I use to speed it up?

Danny

I use Atom.io with linting packages. You could also try this - http://lesstester.com/

• Similar Content

• reformedmedia
      By reformedmedia
      After upgrading to DMS 2 I encountered this message in my Wordpress admin section at the top that says 

"DMS Less System encountered an error
      /* LESS PARSE ERROR in your Custom CSS: #e6a965 is undefined: failed at `#e6a965;}` line: 1144 */

I examined my custom styles, but I don't have a line 1144. It only goes up to 430. I checked for the color and found one but after taking it out the message remained. 

Any idea what and where this could be referring to?

Thanks.