Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DynamoBen

Copy of EcoPro Theme

DynamoBen

We have the EcoPro theme for our non-profit's website. I'd like to overwrite our current theme with a "fresh" copy because some code got introduced into the theme during a hacking attempt (I've removed most of it by hand but figured this might be faster). I can't seem to find a copy and it doesn't seem to be available for download via our account. Is there any way to get a copy of the theme?

Also we are open to moving to a newer theme but it would need to be a fairly direct upgrade with little rework. Are their any direct upgrade paths?

Danny

Hi,

Eco Pro has been considered a legacy theme for over four years. Therefore, the pro version is no longer available. However, you can download the lite version from WordPress.org.

https://wordpress.org/themes/eco/

Please search our forums, before posting!

DynamoBen

Understood and thanks. We have the pro version, will installing the lite version over the top cause problems for us?

Danny

Not sure to be honest. I would perform a backup before installing. I would also remove the pro version completely.

In my opinion, I would upgrade to the DMS Framework, as the Eco theme isn't maintained and hasn't received an update in over four years.

DynamoBen

Not sure to be honest. I would perform a backup before installing. I would also remove the pro version completely.

In my opinion, I would upgrade to the DMS Framework, as the Eco theme isn't maintained and hasn't received an update in over four years.

Fair enough. I'd be OK moving to DMS but the big question is how much work is required to port it given I'm currently using an ecopro theme?

Danny

Well, the two are completely separate and different themes and would be like enabling a different theme. Therefore, you will probably want to either install a Coming Soon/Maintenace plugin and re-build your site whilst that plugin is active. Or you could rebuild your site locally using an app such as MAMP or XAMPP, then import your site using both the WordPress and DMS import/export tools.

Simon

Hi Ben, if you used the old billing system, you can log in using the following link to retrieve your files:

http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php

Alternatively I have attached the zipfile to this post.

[attachment=2757:ecopro.zip]

DynamoBen

Seems the links in the old billing system just lead to a 404 and I don't have rights to download the file you posted. :(

Danny

No probs.