Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrFent

Plugin confliction: WP Ultimate Recipe

MrFent

One of my main plugins I am using on www.culturedfoodlife.com is the WP Ultimate Recipe plugin. Since updating to the latest version, it started conflicting with DMS on the front end in the "Add New Sections" tab. This is the email I wrote to the plugin's author:

Help! The latest update with the new recipe grid is conflicting with my wordpress theme in a pretty serious way. I have always used PageLines DMS, and it's always worked great with your plugin until the last update. PageLines DMS is all about dragging and dropping "sections" from the front end. On the DMS admin bar, you can click the "add to page" tab, and see all the available section to drag up to your screen. However, which the updated recipe plugin activated, all of the sections are now stacked one on top of the other, making it impossible to drag and add any new sections to the site. Take a look at the following screenshots to better explain:

http://screencast.com/t/xyrsFvXs3ZQg

http://screencast.com/t/C4m9wAOxr

This was the plugin author's reply:

It seems to be related to the Isotope library that both of us use. The problem is that their plugin is using an old version (1.5.26) while our plugin uses the latest one (2.2.0).

I was able to fix it by editing the /dms/editor/js/pl.xlists.js file.

On line 38 you had:

return $elem.data('sid');

I changed it to:

return jQuery($elem).data('sid');

Since he said that your Isotope library is an older version, is this something you can update to the latest version in DMS?

Danny

Hi Chris,

Let me speak to Simon and see if this is something we can resolve.

Please search our forums, before posting!

MrFent

Any follow up? I had to apply the same fix after updating DMS.

Simon

Sorry Chris, forgot to include it in the last round of updates!

Your patch is in git now, next update will have it in there!