Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JawDesigns

A Nasty Bug with Grand Stand Section

JawDesigns

I thought I would check out the new sections from pagelines today. I installed the Grand Stand pagelines section. However, on loading the home page the images flash up for a second and then they disappear.

I tried re-installing the plugin but this didn't help. I have also disabled all plugins and scripts.

I also tried both the full width and content width sections. Both will not display at all.

Thanks

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

JawDesigns

Hi Danny,

I still can't get it to work. Is there any chance you can take a look into this in more detail for me please as this is a section I would really like to use on my home page if possible.

I appreciate the help on this.

Thanks, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

Can you provide a link to the site in questions, as if the section is not appearing then it is likely caused by something else on that page or a plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

JawDesigns

Hi Danny, the grandstand section will not work on any page. I have tried disabling all plugins and scripts. I have added the grandstand section to the top of the template (just beneath the main header section). Please follow this link to see what's happening: http://staging.tslandscapes.flywheelsites.com/contact/

Password is: pagelines and username is: flywheel

Please let me know what you think I should do? Would be great to get this section working. Also, I have done a fresh install of the section this AM.

Kind regards,

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

The username/password is not working, can you double check the credentials please.

JawDesigns

Sorry Danny, I changed it. Now would be a good time to take a look as Flywheel are also looking into the same problem for me:

Please go to the following page: http://staging.tslandscapes.flywheelsites.com/maintain/

You will see Grandstand flash up for about 1sec and then it will disappear again.

Username: flywheel

Password: tslandscapes

Thanks,

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

Try disabling Lazy Load via the DMS Pro Tools plugin.

JawDesigns

Hi Danny, that didn't work. I disabled Lazy Load and refreshed the Maintain page and the section does not show. I also reapplied the section just to make sure. Shall I delete the plugin and re-install again?

Thanks!

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

Yeah, please remove it and try again. If that doesn't work, please disable all active plugins and remove all custom code.

JawDesigns

Hi Danny,

I disabled everything including all scripts and plugins but I still can't get the section to work. Still very keen in getting this problem fixed. Is there any chance you can take at my site if I provide login details please?

Also when I disabled all plugins the only plugin I left active was the 'Grandstand' plugin.

Cheers, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

JawDesigns

Another thought. I remember installing the grandstand section and looking into the sections files. There was an assets folder. I downloaded all of the assets (j-peg images) to my computer so that I could use the images used in the demo to make sure my images were the exact same size and resolution. I did this because the demo works well. Not sure if doing this had broken the section? However, I have uninstalled the plugin many times and re-installed from scratch so I can't see how this would cause a problem. I only downloaded the images used.

All the best,

James 

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

As far as I can tell, the issue is going to be likely caused by the custom code you appear to have added between the Masthead section near your footer which contains a huge amount of javascript. As I am unable to recreate your issue with GrandStand on my test site.

JawDesigns

Hi Danny, I don't think it's the Masthead because grandstand will not work on any page on my website. I also tried a blank page and it didn't work. I have created no additional javascript for the Masthead. Why is there so much javascript? Do you know where it's coming from. I tried deleting the mastehead section but grandstand still did the same even with out the Masthead.

Please take a look at the page with all template sections removed: http://staging.tslandscapes.flywheelsites.com/design/

Also, I appreciate your help. I am very keen to get sort this problem out.

Thanks, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

You're going to need to disable all plugins and remove all custom code so I can see how this looks when all are disabled/removed. Also, please send me a PM with the following:

1. A link to this topic so I know what the PM is regarding.

2. Your admin username/password.

3. Make sure all plugins are disabled and all custom code has been removed.

JawDesigns

Thanks Danny,

Sending you a message now!

Cheers, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

I have just logged into your site and you still have all plugins active?

You have multiple styling issues with DMS editor such as icons missing, options not looking how they should. Your template area doesn't look correct. 

Therefore, this isn't a bug with GrandStand, it is an issue with a plugin, custom code or your server configuration. You have a Security plugin installed, these are renowned for causing issues on server configuration.

JawDesigns

Danny. I was working on the site today so had to enable plugins. Please check now as I will disable everything for you.

Thanks, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

JawDesigns

Hi Danny,

If you get a chance please look at my site with all plugins disabled. I am not working on it today so I will leave it as it is. You have all of the login details in a message I sent you. Would be great to know what's causing the problem?

All the best,

James!

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

In my opinion, this isn't a bug, as I am not encountering any issue on my local installation with GrandStand. I drag & drop the section onto my template and it appears and works as intended. Therefore, I have recorded your issue and, will pass this onto our developers. In the meantime, can you ask FlyWheel to investigate too, as the section appears during loading, then vanishes upon load completion.

JawDesigns

Hi Danny,

Just wanted to let you know that the problem is now fixed. It was related to the Flywheel staging site. Flywheel changed something from there end and now everything works as expected. Thanks for the help. This issue can now be marked as resolved.

Cheers, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.