Sign in to follow this  
agbo

How To recover the original menu bar that comes with iblog demo

agbo

Hi, I have already installed the iblog theme and downloaded the demo data that Pagelines provides. My goal is customize my own site trying as much as possible edit this demos data, pages,etc. The first this that I tried to customize was the menu bar, but when I did it, the result was that the original menu bar created with the demo disapeared and now I only have now the page/menu "Home" that I have created. See my site under construction www.easyjobresumebuilder.com Being honest, I am not sure about what I did exactly, butr what I wnat now is just to recover the original menu bar to be showed at my site. How can I do it? (note that I have already tried to reinstall the data demo and it seems that it is already there, even though I can not see the original menu bar) What is the best way to work just editing the demo data, pages, etc to avoid that this kind of situation occurs? Do you have any tutorial in this sense to provide? Thanks

catrina

Can you remember what you did to customize the menu? Perhaps if you let me know what you did then I can tell you what might be wrong. :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

agbo

Hi Catrina, Not really. I remember that I was working with pages section and menu section, but I am not sure what I did exactly that made the change. I remeber that I also create an "about" page that my intention was to add to the menu, but ir does not happen. In the footer of my current site I can see that this created about page exist, but it does not appear in the menu. Can you help me?

cmunns

By default the theme does not use a WP3.0 menu so if you started creating one it will erase the default menu in favor of a manual one. To get back the old one delete your custom menu in Appearances - Menus.

agbo

Many thanks, cmunns. It was exactly what happens, the default menu was earsed in favor of manual one. I could also recover the demo menu by selecting add all page into the menu and then edit them.