Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janetravis

Replacing branding image for Mobile devices

janetravis

Hi

I'm trying to replace the branding image for mobile devices to something smaller, but the branding image itself is not specified in CSS, it comes form the codes and database i think.

I tried applying a new background image to class="mainlogo-img" for CSS MEDIA  under 600px, but it didnt work.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

Danny

Hi,

You can not replace an image that has been uploaded by yourself via the options. If you want to have a smaller image, simply apply custom CSS to that image via media queries to reduce its size.

Please search our forums, before posting!

janetravis

The dimension resizes automatically. But that branding imag ei sdesigend for desktop view.

Obviusly branding for mobile devices is not too important for Pagelines developers

I have to get into coding then, not a CSS job.

Thank you

Danny

The image should be resized when viewing on mobile devices, this is done automatically. If you have added an image to the Branding section that isn't a logo, but an actual header, then the issue is your image not PageLines Framework. The Branding section is for a logo image, not a header image. Which from the sounds of it, is what you're trying to do.

janetravis

i see.

But i need ot replace branding image for mobile devices.The resize is fine, it works, but the image is not suitable for small devices. 

Thank you.

janetravis

You cant point me to some guides about replacing branding image on the code, can you?

Danny

You can not replace the image on specific devices, you can not replace an image that has been loaded via an option with a CSS. Well you can, but it is a lot of messing about to add an image in my opinion. For me personally, I would just not add a header image to the Branding section, as it wasn't mean't to work with full width header image, but logo images only.

Therefore, for me personally, I would just add your header image to either the ContentBox section above your Branding section or use a hook.