Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zvkpr

Post Loop

zvkpr

Hello there, 

Recently I've been working on my 2nd web design with DMS2,

it's a blog page with some music news and events so I want to 

customize the Post Loop so in the front page it has the features 

of Post configuration as the Flipper. 

So I remembered that on the youtube channel there were some 

tutorials about customizing extensions. But it has been a week

since I can't find neither the channel or the video tutorials.

I hope there would be more info for developers, and more 

extensions for the club, so it really worth it.

DSM2 it's an amazing platform for building websites. But there's

not enough investment to satisfy developers needs.

My best regards to the Pagelines team. 

Danny

Hi,

We are currently investigating with Google as to why our videos from our YouTube channel have been removed.

In regards to your question, not quite sure what you mean when you say "I want to customize the Post Loop so in the front page it has the features 

of Post configuration as the Flipper. "

If I was to take a guess, I would say you want to display your posts with only the Featured image showing ? If my assumption is correct, you will probably want to purchase PowerLoop, as this gives you full control over how your loop acts.

Please search our forums, before posting!

zvkpr

I just wanted to add the "advanced post selection" settings to the post loop extension. But no problem.

Can you post me the url from the Youtube channel? so the next time I can find it. Thank you.

Danny

Not sure what you mean by advanced post selection" settings to the post loop extension, can you go into greater detail. As we have no video which shows you to how to this ?

zvkpr

Not sure what you mean by advanced post selection" settings to the post loop extension, can you go into greater detail. As we have no video which shows you to how to this ?

Danny, there was a tutorial where Andrew showed us how to customize our own extensions, pretty basic,

but surely it would help on this situation.[attachment=2723:Captura de pantalla 2015-05-03 a la(s) 7.10.59 a.m..jpg]

Danny

As far as I can remember the video was very basic and didn't go into depth. As to customise sections in the way you want, requires knowledge in PHP. If you're attempting to add those options to the PostLoop, I do not believe it is as simple as copy and paste and would require an almost complete rewrite of the PostLoop section. 

• Similar Content

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      I am using the Powerloop plug-in on my DMS website and can sort my elements by Postdate, but I want to sort the pages in Alphabetic order.
      Actually the same question for sorting Flipper content in Alphabetic order instead of Ascending / Descending / Random options.
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi, even though I just got a SSL certificate, I can't get the green padlock to appear due to the following error:
      :A file with an insecure url of "http://yemoonyah.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-boxes/check.svg" was loaded via the javascript file: https://yemoonyah.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4 on line 3. The insecure URL may not be directly contained in the script file and may exist elsewhere."
      I figured if I delete and re-install the plugin it might fix the problem but will my boxes on the website still be there? Or do I have to redesign everything all over again if I delete the plugin and then re-install it?
    • jaithai
      By jaithai+
      Unable to attach an image that's already been uploaded.
      When attempting to upload one from scratch, it gives me the error seen in the screenshot. As you can see by the Chrome Inspector, I receive a 400 error.

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      Ik like to use the following Plug-in in my DMS Theme, but can' get it to work. My DMS Editor is not loading anymore if I paste this short code in a page, textbox or mediabox: [wpdatatable id=1]
      Plug-in: WPDataTables Plug-in 
      Shortcode:  [wpdatatable id=1]

Anyone experience with this plug-in and DMS.
    • foxwatson
      By foxwatson+
      I recently downloaded the latest DMS2 update. Since the download, I lost front end ability to update. Any suggestions would be appreciated.