Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

primaitalia

Build new site in DMS and keep old site in Framework

primaitalia

Hi

Not sure if this is the right forum, so please have me excused if not.

I bought the "DMS Business Upgrade from Pro Plus" in October 2013 (attached confirmation mail), but did not do the upgrade from PageLines Framework to DMS because I needed to keep the website up and running for continuity in my business (primaitalia.no).

Now I want to build a new primaitalia.no website in DMS, but keep the old one during the process and then move the URL at launch of the new website.

How can I do this smoothly?

Best regards,

Carl

Danny

Hi Carl,

If you wish to keep your live site active and uninterrupted, the best method would be to build your site using an application such as MAMP, XAMPP or Vagrant (advanced user). Once you're happy, you can then export both your WordPress content via the WordPress import/export tools and DMS Framework settings via the DMS import/export options. Then go to your live site and make sure DMS is installed and the active theme and import the WordPress file first, then your DMS theme settings file. This should then give your live site using DMS the exact same layout and settings as the one you built locally.

Please search our forums, before posting!

primaitalia

Wow, Danny – thanks for the quick guide! I will follow the steps, and fortunately I will be up and running in a month or two!

As I wrote earlier I didn't activate the DMS in October 2013, and seem to need a DMS register key. Where do I find it?

primaitalia

Thanks Danny – case closed!

:-)

Carl

primaitalia

Thanks for your suggestion, CliffordP!

Best regards,

Carl