Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carletto0282

Pagely cache issues with DMS

carletto0282

Hi guys,

I'm hosting a website on Pagely for a client but I'm facing a really weird issue.

Apparently without any reason the site goes blank... it loads only a white page.

Taking a look to the source I found that the page is loading correctly the layout code (divs and spans of dms layout are there) but they are empty... no content is loaded.

Here is the answer I get from Pagely support

Piotr Bogdan (WordPress Hosting Support Desk)

Apr 21, 3:25 AM

Hello,

that is unfortunately an issue with the pagelines DMS site builder/editor. The theme has its own caching system in place and occasionally those caches become corrupted resulting in a white-screen; the behaviour seems to be completely random and we've seen break at completely unexpected times (even just by simply cloning a site to try debug the problem). The reason the issue goes away when you activate/re-activate a plugin (doesn't matter which one) is that the theme hooks into those actions and flushes its own caches when any of those events occurs.

Unfortunately I can't offer much assistance beyond suggestion of contacting the theme authors to see if they can offer any advice or help troubleshoot the problem as there doesn't seem to be any pattern to this strange behaviour. I have also seen this behaviour on a site cloned locally to my machine which would indicate it's not an issue with the hosting environment so the theme authors might be aware of this issue.

Thanks,
Piotr

My client is getting quite upset with this issue ... and I like to solve this... I'd prefer not to change DMS nor hosting.

So can you please help?

Thank you

Best regards

Carlo

Danny

Hi Carlo,

The issue is most likely related to their servers configuration and likely have their own caching. I have literally over 50 test sites all running locally and never had any issue with the DMS Cache. Therefore, can you provide a link to the site in question please and if possible enable DMS Debug mode - WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines, scroll to the bottom and enable the Debug option.

Please search our forums, before posting!

carletto0282

Hi Danny,

the site is http://www.asyoulight.com

Actually is working since it has been "reactivated" but it will probably break again soon.

Here are the debug info

DMS Debug Info

WordPress Version

WordPress Debug
Disabled

Multisite Enabled
No

Current Role
Administrator

Framework Path
/dom7348/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework URI
http://www.asyoulight.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework Version

PHP Version

Child theme
Yes
/dom7348/wp-content/themes/asyoulight
http://www.asyoulight.com/wp-content/themes/asyoulight

WP_DEBUG
No

WP memory limit
40 MB

WP MAX memory limit
256 MB

PHP memory limit
196 MB

Mysql version

WP Max Upload Size
100 MB

PHP POST Max Size
100 MB

PHP Max Execution Time
60s

PHP type
Fpm-fcgi

WebServer software
Apache

OS
Linux

Installed Plugins
akismet/akismet.php
co-authors-plus/co-authors-plus.php
custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php
daves-wordpress-live-search/daves-wordpress-live-search.php
dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php
imsanity/imsanity.php
ninja-forms-style/ninja-forms-style.php
ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php
pagelines-updater/pagelines-updater.php
pl-nextbox/pl-nextbox.php
relevanssi/relevanssi.php
simple-image-sizes/simple_image_sizes.php
types/wpcf.php
wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php
wp-inject/wpinject.php
wp-pagenavi/wp-pagenavi.php
wp-views/wp-views.php
yet-another-related-posts-plugin/yarpp.php

Danny

Hi,

I can't see anything out of the ordinary, therefore, it does indeed make me think this may be server or plugin related. If (hopefully it won't) happens again and you send a message on this topic so we can see the issue first hand and that way get a better understanding of the problem. 

ivobe

Hi,

I had a similar problem on http://sap-certification.info (hosted on Pagely). Their support told me that the white screen was due to W3 Total Cache plugin. I uninstalled this plugin and so far the website is working fine...

carletto0282

Hi  ivobe†,

unfortunately I'm not using that plugin - of course because they warned me about issues with cache - 

thank you anyway.

Best regards

Carlo

carletto0282

Hi Danny,

the site crashed again... now it's blank can you have a look?

thanks

Carlo

ivobe

Hi Danny,

My website (http://sap-certification.info) crashed today as well. I restored it by deactivating and activating again one of the plugins. Can you please check what causes this problem?

Danny

ivobe - Can you create a new topic please.

carletto0282

Hi Danny,

have you checked http://www.asyoulight.com ?

May I "restart" the site deactivating and reactivating a plugin?

Danny

carletto0282 - As far as I can tell, as you mentioned in your first post, the source code is available, but all the regions appear to be empty. This isn't an issue with DMS Framework and is most likely related to either your servers configuration and/or plugins you have active.

I recommend you disable all active plugins and remove any custom CSS/LESS, scripts or any custom code you may have added and see if the issue persists.

In my opinion, the issue is either related to one of your plugins or cache provided by your web host provider.

richbenjamin

Do I understand this right?  DMS is NOT the issue?  I just got my ass chewed out tonight by a client for the "white screen of NOT-DMS's-FAULT death".  Pagelines has a serious issue.  The only plugins that we have installed are the DMS updater,  DMS Pro Tools and wordpress importer.  i'm guessing that its probally the fault of the wordpress importer since this is NOT a DMS issue.  

Step up to the plate DMS and admit that there is a problem, fix it, and then publish an update.  And you might keep a few paid people.

Simon

The only reason the sections would vanish is ebecause the absolute path on the server has changes and now differs from the one stored in the database.

this is probably caused when your host move your instance around without warning to balance their servers out

i will create a plugin that clears the cache on each page load just for pagely users this isn't something we can add to dms as disabling cached data defeats the object of caching it in the first place

• Similar Content

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      In DMS2 there was a button to click to flush pagelines cache. Don't see this in platform5. Am having a big problem with caches. Have W3 Total cache plugin, but now even if I deactivate it, the code in css/less seems to not be registering??? I can delete all custom css, save, then add just a bit of the css (that used to work just fine the other day) and that small section of css takes effect. Then when I paste the whole css (that worked fine the other day), it seems to not work???
      About to restore DB backup from a couple days ago to see if that solves it, but it's a drag that this issue exists. Makes it hard to finetune the site.
      Thanks for help
      site is: http://permacultureecovillage.com/lev2017/
      lev styles most recent.css.rtf
    • DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Hi Pagelines Team, 
      Following on from my last thread about moving to WPEngine, I recently spoke to GoDaddy over the phone. 
      The reason for the move was due to an increase the recent downtime of my site. They taught me how to clear the cache on my site but after doing this we noticed that the reource limit would quickly spike.

I spoke to their hosting department employee and he told me that I should contact my theme provider and ask for any further information on why this might be happening?
      Kind regards,
      Dan

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I noticed that the cached version of the website from a Google SERP has broken CSS:
      http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3A1uyPM2gXGG0J%3Astevensoncrane.com%2F+&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
      Any idea why? The site looks fine elsewhere.
      Also, when using the Web Developer Toolbar in Mozilla Firefox, there are a BUNCH of warnings regarding CSS. I'm wondering that's the problem with the Google cache.
      In a prior post, I had experienced similar "breaking" of the CSS, but that was due to some errors in DNS. I thought we resolved all of that, so this perplexes me.
      Thanks,
      Rich
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.