Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stoltz

How do I change the css styling in powerloop

stoltz

I want to change the font size, weight and line height in various ways.

I've managed to change the powerloop title by changing the css in the sections css-file, which isn't optimal at all. 

I've tried to inspect the elements so I can extract the CSS-labels and when I use the labels and put them in DMS2 CSS section then they do not change the appearance at all.

What I want to do is change the line-height of the powerloop excerpts, as well as the font size.

Any suggestions?

Danny

Hi,

You can add your own class to each of the PowerLoop shortcodes which allows you to add your own styling.

For example:

[powerloop_title class="my-custom-class"]

Please search our forums, before posting!

JudithKlinger

Sorry... I have the same question and I'm confused and in need of simple instructions.

I want to:

Change the title font size (note to developers: this seems to be a common issue)  and change the position of the author to be center. 

I tried following this comment from another thread: 

If you have a new question that isn't related to your original topic, please create a new topic in future.

The code you have used, will not work, as you can not include HTML inside a shortcode, as it will break the shortcode. To reduce the size of your title, you will need to need to use custom CSS or add your own class. Like so:

[powerloop_title class="my-title-size"]

Then add the following CSS:

.my-title-size {
    font-size: 16px;
}

I entered the CSS in the custom area. That didn't work. 

Then I tried entering it into the inline CSS class, and that didn't work. 

Thank you!!

JudithKlinger

Somehow I've managed the spectacular feat of having double titles appear. 

Believe me, if I wanted to do this it would be impossible. 

I entered this into the page's Inline CSS Box: "font-size: 80%"

You can also see the Powerloop shortcode settings. I've used author - center, but that isn't behaving either. 

Thanks!

Doubletitle.png

Danny

You have added the title shortcode twice, that is why you have two titled showing. In regards to centering the author info, can you provide a link to the site in question please.

JudithKlinger

The site is in staging mode: http://www.staging1.w-edigest.org/#

Will PM you the sign in credentials. 

Having the following issues with Powrloop

1) Short codes don't seem to be working. Example: author should be centered.

2) Cannot adjust title size. 

Seen screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 3.37.25 PM.png

JudithKlinger

Trying to be resourceful, but the shortcodes will not do my bidding. 

This quote comes from the Powerloop docs: Note: All shortcodes have the option of adding a custom class for styling, giving you greater control on how PowerLoop is styled. For example: [powerloop_title class="my-custom-class"]

But how do I create this title class? 

For example, I want my Powerloop titles to be: centered, all caps, font size: 50%

Where exactly do I create this custom Powerloop? On the individual page in Custom Styling Classes? Do I create the actual styling info by going to the customs tab and the Custom LESS/CSS section? What is the format? 

I've gone to Pagelines Shortcode page & the info is equally vague: To include a shortcode into pages or posts, simply find the shortcode you wish to use and copy and paste the code into your page or post. Configure the shortcode if need be and then publish your page/post when finished. When you view your page or post, the shortcode will be displayed as intended. 

To make matters more confusing, the Wordpress Codex looks so completely different from the PageLines format, I can't make heads or tales out of this. 

Danny

The documentation states that all shortcodes can include a custom class, to style the elements in PowerLoop. For example:

[powerloop_title class="my-custom-class"]

Now above the PowerLoop title has a class of my-custom-class which is there for demonstration purposes only and has no style whatsoever, as the class doesn't actually exist in DMS.

However, if you were to then go to your custom CSS either in the DMS Toolbar or your child theme and add:

.my-custom-class {
    font-size: 50%;
    text-align: center;
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

When you save these changes and then view your PowerLoop title, it should have been styled to the custom CSS you added. This principle can be used for all PowerLoop shortcodes and in any HTML you may use.

JudithKlinger

Thank you Danny...I'll give that a try! 

• Similar Content

• glyph.marketing
      By glyph.marketing+
      Hello, I am having a problem similar to that experienced by Michael Kummer here. We have pages that show this automatic scrolling issue (examples here and here) and it is sufficiently annoying that we have seen customers bounce while trying to convert. Strangely, it only happens at specific resolutions, so it can be difficult to reproduce. In general we can only consistently reproduce it on a 4k resolution with a browser width between 1517 and 1536px. 
      Thanks to Michael Kummer's help we were able to set the overflow-anchor property to none in the entire body, which fixed the issue as far as we can tell, but also obviously disabled scroll anchoring for the whole site. I tried applying it to the specific element that looked like it was being reloaded, which was the PL Meganav extension, but that was unsuccessful. 
      Can anyone help us figure out which element or ID we can apply this property to, so that we can fix the scrolling issue but not disable scroll anchoring for the entire site?
      Thank you - 
      Glyph Language Services
    • stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      I am using the Powerloop plug-in on my DMS website and can sort my elements by Postdate, but I want to sort the pages in Alphabetic order.
      Actually the same question for sorting Flipper content in Alphabetic order instead of Ascending / Descending / Random options.
    • chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      Hello,
      Shouldn't the image PL5 component be using the srcset/picture css directives to pick the correct size for an image? or it does already and I don't know how to use it? Thank you for any advice or enlightenment.
    • Dan Haddock
      By Dan Haddock
      Plugins Active and installed: 
      Akismet Anti-Spam
      Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd
      Contact Form 7
      Cookie Law Info
      DMS Professional Tools  
      Enhanced Media Library  
      Flamingo
      Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
      Google XML Sitemap
      Jetpack by WordPress.com
      Legull 
      Loginizer   
      MailChimp for WordPress
      PageLines Updater    
      Schema App Structured Data 
      Sucuri Security - Auditing, Malware Scanner and Hardening
      Uber reCaptcha    
      Yoast SEO
      Wordpress Version: 4.8.1
      Pagelines Version: 2.2.4

Good Evening/Afternoon or Morning, 
      I am running into a problem with CSS styling not applying inside of most browsers (Safari, Firefox) when I am logged in to wordpress, and all browsers that I have tested when I am logged off and the site has been made public (Chrome, Firefox and Safari).
      As a result, I have managed to identify the probable cause. It looks as though these browsers are refusing to render my sites compiled CSS file due to it being a HTTP URL rather than HTTPS.
      I have attempted to change this URL to HTTPS in my browser, however it brings back an ERROR: File not found page - https://www.shortfilmblog.com/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/compiled-css-core-1505847507.css
      What would you suggest in this regard? Would this be resolvable from your end?
      Happy to provide any further details required.
    • Borries
      By Borries+
      I know this is not an easy problem. Maybe there is a easy solution.
      I have tryed to uses the existing solution, that I have found in the forum
      I changed the colours of my nav (simple nav) and the hover effect (a. hover).
      I really tryed to highlight the active/used link in the nav but I cant figure it out.
      I want it to be black when active.
      Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      http://www.marcborries.de  nav link: "Sinn & Selbst"