Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

balancedbreakfast

Page Handling Template Type Breaking Site

balancedbreakfast

Hi,

I have a problem with the Pagelines templates. Basically, I'm part of a non-profit organization that is located in many different cities. We want to give each city its own page so members can find out information that locally pertains to them. Since all the city pages are to be laid out the same way, I wanted to create one city template and use that for each city page.

So I created a city template, went to the Page Handling menu and selected "TYPE", and preceeded to work on building each city page. The problem began after I had typed in a small section of CSS code into the custom code box (it was a rather minor too, background color, margin, something of that sort). All of a sudden, all the pages using that template crashed. Even the DMS Editor menu wasn't showing up. I eventually found a way to delete the piece of erroneous code by going back to the Wordpress dashboard and deleting the code from the Pagelines menu. 

Now, whenever I try to change the page handling of template from "LOCAL" to "TYPE" the template exhibits the same behavior and completely crashes on the site. I've tried flushing caches, starting afresh with new templates, nothing seems to make this issue go away. I really don't want to have to create a separate template for each city. Any helpful suggestions would be most appreciated.

Wordpress Version: 4.1.1

Theme: PinsPro v1.2

Plug-ins in Use: All-in-One Event Calendar by Time.ly, All-in-One Event Calendar Extended Views by Time.ly, Custom Sidebars, Easy Twitter Feed Widget, Hello Dolly, Jetpack, Pagelines Updater, Akismet

Danny

Hi,

Can you please disable all active plugins and remove all custom code you may have added and see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't, can you provide a link to the site in question and a link to one of the pages that crashes.

Please search our forums, before posting!