Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nfp1900

Video background not working on the ipad but OK on desktop

nfp1900

Has anyone had an issue with straightforward mp4 video added to a section background not working on the ipad but ok on other desktop browsers? I checked the docs and there is no information on this subject at all.

It appears to be an issue with mime types and .htaccess rather than encoding. 

Does anyone have guidelines for a successful implementation?

Danny

Hi,

Are you using both mp4 and ogv ? Which section are you referring to ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

nfp1900

The video is sitting in a canvas area here (it's just a test site) and is encoded with both video types ogg and m4v

I'd like to see something in the Pagelines answers or a demo posted here that illustrates how each video is encoded and plays across mobile, devices and browsers.

Danny

Okay, it is my understanding that videos will not work on mobile devices. I will need to speak to our developers to see why this is.

nfp1900

Thanks for looking into it. My host also updated the mime types in the .htaccess file which made no difference. It would be useful to know what the exact requirements are or understand the limitations when using these background videos with DMS. 

mtaus

I'm having the same issue. Loaded both mp4 and pgv files to the homepage here. Works fine on desktop but not mobile (both Chrome and Safari). 

Danny

Our developers have informed me this is by design and not a bug. Therefore, I will speak to them and see if we can get this changed. However, if you want a video background that works on mobile devices you will need to use a different section and use embed code.

• Similar Content

• pehja
      By pehja+
      https://pehjaproduction.se/webbdesign/  Video is not showing up in Journey section. Why? I have entered this in the settings 

• dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?