Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreamsight

Stable .css version needed

dreamsight

We are using Mouseflow on a client's site and we keep having problems with the recordings of the site.

The problem is when the two stylesheets are updated ('compiled-css-sections-1422467206.css' and 'compiled-css-core-1422467206.css'), they're automatically renamed. But the recordings made before this change are still looking for the previous version, which no longer exist on the server.

To get around this issue in the future, I need to redirect Mouseflow (which I can do as a Mouseflow comment) to a stable version of these style sheets.

Any idea how to get a stable version of them?

Danny

Hi,

I am not even sure what you mean by stable version of those stylesheets ? The compiled CSS files are generated by all the less used in DMS Framework and are compiled together. So I am not sure what you're referring to when you say stable ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

dreamsight

Sorry Danny, when I say stable I mean the css file name won't change. As soon compiled-css-sections-*.css and compiled-css-core-*.css change file names change I lose Mousflow

dreamsight

also, do you know where would i find 'compiled-css-sections' and 'compiled-css-core' if i FTP into the site?

Danny

There is no static file you can change and link to, as every time you update your CSS or make a small change to one of the sections, the LESS CSS gets recompiled and a new compiled CSS is created. So in my opinion the issue is with MouseFlow.

dreamsight

Mouseflow records mouse movements on the site. We can then view these, laid over our site pages, for up to 2 months. The problem comes when Mouseflow shows a recording and the css has changed. The mouse movements don't line up with our page because the there's no style for the page.

I have to find an answer to this as the client wants to test which call-to-actions, buttons, links, etc. visitors are clicking.

Is there any way PL can update the 2 css files, rather than rename them when we make a change?

Or, is there any way I can make static versions of these style sheets that I can keep on the server for 2 months, so Mouseflow can still display our pages?

Or, can you see any other way around this?

Danny

If you make no changes to the site or add/edit/remove CSS or publish changes the CSS will not as far as I am aware recompile. So if the site design is completed, you should be able to just link to those stylesheets.

Unfortunately, you can create a static version of those stylesheets to my knowledge. However, you could try copying and pasting all the CSS from those files and then create a new stylesheet and then enqueue using the WordPress function, then link MouseFlow to those two files. You will need to use two files, due to IE having a class limit.

dreamsight

The problem I have is the client is constantly changing things on the site. I don't want to remove PL and have to redo the site.

Simon

Under advanced settings there is an alternate css delivery method, try that.

dreamsight

Thanks Simon, we will and I'll post the results

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?