Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

springmoon

Editing display of WP Content/Loop in latest version

springmoon

Hi all,

I just updated my site to the latest version of WordPress and the latest version of Pagelines DMS (free version). The appearance of my blog page has changed significantly. In the previous edition, if I wanted to edit the display and appearance of WP Content/Loop, it was easy to do within global options (I think that's where it was, it's been a while).

Anyhow, in this newest version, I cannot for the life of me figure out where to go if I want to edit what is displayed in the content loop... for example, whether or not the author of a post is displayed, what items are displayed below the title of a post, etc etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

Hi,

Can you take a screenshot of PostLoop settings so we can see what settings you have.

Please search our forums, before posting!

springmoon

i am assuming you mean the settings in the DMS editor? i don't have any settings changed from the default actually. here is a screenshot of the upper portion of it. This is just so different than it was in the previous version. I cannot figure out where to change settings for the display of the blog loop.

screenshot-1.png

Danny

You will want to enable Legacy mode, as the options you're currently using are new for the DMS lite version.

springmoon

Danny,

I enabled legacy mode and the layout returned to my previous layout, thank you for that.

Could you explain what you mean by "the options you're currently using are new for the DMS lite version"? Which options are you referring to?

In the DMS editor, it says legacy mode will no longer be supported in future updates. I would like to know how I can prepare for this now and be sure to have the tools to keep my layout as I enjoy it now. Any tips would be appreciated.

Danny

You will not need to do anything or need to prepare. The legacy options are there and when the PostLoop section receives an update, those options will be removed and your content will be updated automatically without any issue.