Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louis

Need help widening the post's texts on homepage

Louis

Hi, thanks for making such a wonderful theme :)

I set my website up nearly exact as I like it. 

Only problem is that on the homepage my post's text is indented as if there was a widget area in the left side but I only have one for the right side.

Here is what it looks like on the home page: www.gutjourney.com

When you click on the post, it looks like how I wish it looked (width wise)  (I still want to continue with the post previews on my home page). 

Can someone help me make my posts on my homepage line up to the left of my logo the same way they do on the actual post's page?

Thank you!

Louis

Danny

Hi Louis,

Not sure what you're trying to achieve as the width of the container is the same on both pages 595px. The only difference is the post title is larger on the post individual page, this is due to the post title being changed to a h1 tag.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Louis

I removed the image that was set as the featured image and that worked. 

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I'm trying to add a Careers page to a site to display job openings. The plan is to create a Post using a subcategory 'Careers' and then display those on the page. All of the post sections in PL seem to include images and there's no obvious way to remove them or include an excerpt from the post. 
      Any suggestions?
    • Dan Haddock
      By Dan Haddock
      Hi Pagelines team and wider community,
      I am looking to develop a single post page for my blog. I have read over an old article on the subject, however the link provided on achieving this goal was giving me security warnings. Is there any way I can get round this?
      Secondly, I have had a root around the .zip file provided on my sites backup, however was unable to locate any file in there with the name of Single.php. Does this file exist in the Pagelines theme?
      By the way, this is the unsafe article: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/create-a-custom-page-template/ (Click at your peril).

• Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      How can I remove the "next post" links below each post page? 
      https://queue-it.com/cdn-blog/
      Before we had a related post section, but I can't find it among any functions, widgets etc. 

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      I have a problem with the regular textbox in pl5, in this case, the text goes in that container, but it will hide som of the text, as if the container itself won't fit?
      Is this some kind of bug or have I done something stupid, never happend before with pl5 doh, can I do something smart about it?
      Version: Version 5.0.108
      Look here: www.gastronova.co56.se