Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgsarnow

Since latest update all iframes and embedded items are not displaying correctly

dgsarnow

Since the update to the DMS theme, all my embedded iframes and forms are not displaying properly. They are clipping at a short height regardless of what is indicated for the height in the iframe code. This is affecting Google Maps, Slideshare and Wufoo.

Below is a slideshare embed being cunched down.

skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=832

Here is a Wufoo form being clipped

skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=832

Please let me know what further information I can share to get to the bottom of this.

WordPress 4.1.1

DMS2 2.1.9.3 running Skeleton Basic Child Theme

Danny

Hi,

Your images are not available, can you upload them to imgur or another image hosting service. Also, can you provide a link to the site in question.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dgsarnow

Danny, here is link to a page I created to showcase the problem: https://harqen.com/embed-test/

There are three sections on the page. The top two are mediaboxes, the bottom one is the pageloop. As you can see the google map in the top media box is clipping its height. I am using the exact same iframe embed code.

For the Wufoo form, I have a contact form in the pageloop area. Wufoo does not let me embed the same form on the same page more than once, so in the Mediabox, I included a different form, but one that has the same size (height) as the contact form. As you can see on the page it is also clipped in height.

Can you give some feedback?

WordPress 4.1.1

Danny

Why not just use the Maps section for your Google Map ?

In regards to the forms, the MediaBox section has specific styling for iframes and that is the cause of the issue. Try using this:

body .hentry iframe, #site .section-mediabox iframe {
  max-width: inherit;
  height: 100% !important;
}

If that doesn't resolve your issue, try using the NextBox section instead.

dgsarnow

Danny this CSS you shared did not solve the problem. I can look into other options, I guess I am just surprised since both the map and all my wufoo forms were displaying correctly and easily prior to the last release. it is only since I updated to 2.1.9.3 that everything seemed to go wonky.

Why not just use the Maps section for your Google Map ?

In regards to the forms, the MediaBox section has specific styling for iframes and that is the cause of the issue. Try using this:

body .hentry iframe, #site .section-mediabox iframe {
  max-width: inherit;
  height: 100% !important;
}

If that doesn't resolve your issue, try using the NextBox section instead.

WordPress 4.1.1

Danny

There is an issue with MediaBoxes and iFrames. Therefore if you try the NextBox section it should resolve the issue. However, why are you using the iFrame version and not the JS version ?

dgsarnow
Danny, I was using the shortcode. It must be rendering as the iframe.

WordPress 4.1.1

Danny

Yeah, there is some specific styling related to iFrames in MediaBoxes, which I have reported. Therefore, you're going to want to use a TextBox or NextBox, I would recommend NextBox.

• Similar Content

• jaithai
      By jaithai+
      Unable to attach an image that's already been uploaded.
      When attempting to upload one from scratch, it gives me the error seen in the screenshot. As you can see by the Chrome Inspector, I receive a 400 error.

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      Ik like to use the following Plug-in in my DMS Theme, but can' get it to work. My DMS Editor is not loading anymore if I paste this short code in a page, textbox or mediabox: [wpdatatable id=1]
      Plug-in: WPDataTables Plug-in 
      Shortcode:  [wpdatatable id=1]

Anyone experience with this plug-in and DMS.
    • werdnags
      By werdnags+
      Evening All,
      Can anyone help me please?  I am trying to insert an iframe to wrap another website.  I have tried using the 'text' and 'embed' section and insert the code:
      <iframe src="website-address"></iframe> When I save the page it then returns blank, nothing at all, not even the tool bars for pagelines.  I don;t know how to disable that section so I am having to just delete the page and create a new one with a different name.
      Thanks for any help.
    • foxwatson
      By foxwatson+
      I recently downloaded the latest DMS2 update. Since the download, I lost front end ability to update. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  
    • Justin Taylor
      By Justin Taylor
      I originally purchased, I believe, a 3 site licence for DMS2. The new account interface does not reveal any of this information.
      How do I know how many licences I am entitled to? How do I reset one for a new website? All it says now is that I don't have any Pro licences?