This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help please, Platform theme login problems

Hi folks,

I hope someone can help me get my site fixed.

I have a simple site with a single WordPress page functioning as my landing page for the domain and as a simple news/events blog and RSS feed page. It contains links to the rest of the site, which are just a network of linked html pages.

I used a free theme from PageLines, called Platform, and am guilty of negecting it once I got it set up. At some point the theme was compromised and PageLines patched it. This is old news I gather.

I am trying to login to my Platform page. I get error messages and am unable to get to my dashboard.

I consulted with my webhost who tried to disable the theme from their end, without success. 

Currently, the site is returning the front page with a large header filled with error messages. A visitor who scrolls down six inches will find the functional front page displayed below. The links work but the login does not let me in to the dashboard, it just returns error messages.

Can someone give me instructions for getting past the login and disabling the theme? I assume my best option is to revert to a basic WordPress theme and rebuild the page with some current (and paid/supported) theme.

I require non-technical instructions, please, I am not a coder. Thanks very much for any assistance.

Hi Eric,

You will want to follow these instructions on resetting your admin password - https://codex.wordpress.org/Resetting_Your_Password

Once you have reset your password, you will be able to login to your WordPress admin dashboard and disable the theme.

Please search our forums, before posting!