Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WebDev

HTML / PHP Widget

WebDev

Using latest WordPress & DMS 2 framework.

I am trying to find a custom widget that would allow me to create a search box with a background image. The point of the search box is to be connected to a domain search script, so it searches nothing on the main website.

We are trying to build one like EURODns.com's how it has the background image and nice search box.

The problem is, I am not sure how to make it within Pagelines since I am new to it, and there is not HTML/PHP widget I see available to paste the code in. How would I go about this?

Like I said, I want it to be a feature on the homepage. The box will be the full width of the page and about 500 px tall, and has a background image with a search box inside linking to the domain availability script.

Danny

Hi,

I think the best course of action would be to either use a Widget like you mentioned or create your own section.

You could try this one - https://wordpress.org/plugins/php-text-widget/(I haven't tested this myself)

Please search our forums, before posting!

WebDev

How do you add custom widgets like that to the page? Can you link me if information exists.

Danny

To add widgets to your page, you will want to add your widgets to a sidebar, you can also create your own. Then add the Widgetizer section to your template and then in the Widgetizer settings select your sidebar.

http://answers.pagelines.com/Customization/how-to-use-custom-sidebars

Please search our forums, before posting!

WebDev

How can you make the widget full screen?

Also, in the social links bar, what is the CSS to shrink it vertically?