Sign in to follow this  
manfredo

Navigation white in background when background is black

manfredo

On new pages in black the navigation background is white, how to change the hover effect to another color?

nordicspy

Hi Bj?¶rn, To change the nav hover color, paste the following into the custom css field or by editing base.css (Replace ?????? with the hex code for desired color): #primary-nav .main-nav li a:hover { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #??????; } To change to background color of the nav menu, you will need to add a background color property to #primary-nav: #primary-nav { font-size:1.1em; line-height:1.1em; margin-top:0; position:relative; text-align:left; z-index:28; background-color:#??????; Someone else probably has a better way of doing this, but the above worked for me.

manfredo

we have a black background, and we want the hover effect to be black, and we dont want the white fields that comes up when you hover, could this be a function in the upcoming version of the theme, please, can you please tell me how we can change it in the css.

bryan-hadaway

Hi Bj?¶rn, Let's get the link to your site and I can easily write the CSS for you and instruct you where to paste it. Thanks, Bryan

manfredo

Hi Bryan nice to hear from you. to get the link you better contact me at my private mail, bjorn@cdi.se thanks manfredo

manfredo

I dont want to give away my login and password to the rest of the world all the best manfredo

cmunns

manfredo we don't need login details just a link to the site you're working on.

manfredo

Dear friends, if I give you a link, the only thing you will see is the maintenance mode? I dont like to share it right now. Is it Okay? All the best Manfredo

manfredo

Of cause I share it with you , but please outside the forum, we will show it to the forum and the rest of the world when it is done. Best manfredo

manfredo

Here is another test www.cdi.se/test all the best Manfredo

Kate

@manfredo This will change the individual links in the nav on hover:

#menu-nav li a:hover{background:#000000 !important;}

manfredo

Thank you Kate for your answer, I am a little bit confused, Bryan wrote, look below, so who am I supposed to listen to. Best regards Bj?¶rn Hi Bj?¶rn, Let's get the link to your site and I can easily write the CSS for you and instruct you where to paste it. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

You will want to paste what Kate provided into a text box here: PlatformPro Settings - Custom Code - Custom CSS

manfredo

Thank you cmunns, the hover effect is still white, and the dropdown menu, how do i get ride of the white lines, and how do I get the text to be white? all the text has to be white Best Manfredo

manfredo

Dear friends, I have tried but, the hover effect in white is still there, I jus want to have a total black background,and the only hover effect that is desired is when you hover over the white text maybe, another shade of white text. I would like to know how you get the text white that I write, I have changed it in plattform pro but it does not come out white i have saved and refreshed. Help

bryan-hadaway

Hi manfredo, Sorry this has troubled you for this long, we've tightened up shop a bit... Go ahead and email us the login link and login info: hello@pagelines.com So we can get in there and get a look. Thanks, Bryan

manfredo

Hi Bryan, I have sent you an email to the pagelines address two days ago, just so you know. Best Manfredo

manfredo

Dear friends, please look at www.test.cdi.se I have tried but, the hover effect in white is still there, I just want to have a total black background,and the only hover effect that is desired is when you hover over the white text maybe, another shade of white text. I would like to know how you get the text white when I write in the box, I have done the changes you suggested in the forum and in the text & fonts, dont work. I would like it to look like.http://www.manfredofsweden.com/history.html no white fields behind the text only white text, the menu bar you have I like with the arrows at the side all that can stay as long as it is white as well as the drop down text is white. The navigation should be drop down but only white text no white fields behind or in between. and how do i loose the white lines? All the best regards & thanks Bj?¶rn (manfredo)

cmunns

Let's get this nailed out. Add this CSS and you should be a step closer ` .sf-menu li { background: #000; } .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li { background: #000; } .sf-menu li li li { background: #000; } .sf-menu li:hover, .sf-menu li.sfHover{ background:#000; } #primary-nav ul.sf-menu a:focus, .sf-menu a:hover, .sf-menu a:active { background:#000; } #menu-nav li a:hover {color:#FFF;} #primary-nav #nav_row { border-bottom:0 none; } `

manfredo

Hi Cmunns, thank you! I have paste your code into the CSS, the result you can see here www.test.cdi.se But I am looking for this result http://www.manfredofsweden.com/history.html I would like to keep the dropdown menu from your theme and the arrows If it is possible I would be more than happy. blackbackground only white text, hover effect only the text not white fields another shade of white or gray the text. Looking forward to your answer! Thank you Manfredo

bryan-hadaway

`#nav_row .sf-menu li, #nav_row .sf-menu li:hover{background:transparent}` Try that and we'll go from there. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

The code I provided should have fixed all your issues. Make sure that you are on the latest version of the theme as some CSS hierarchy issues were fixed some time ago. OR add body to each of the rules I provided above for example: ` body #primary-nav #nav_row { border-bottom:0 none; } `

manfredo

Thank you cmunns, but the rules you gave me takes me back to where I was before. Maybe I do it the wrong way, I have the latest I uploded it yesterday, I dont want any white fields at all, I want it to be more like http://www.manfredofsweden.com/history.html Maybe I put the body the wrong way? Best Manfredo