Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennajonesdesign

Free Version not Saving Background Changes

jennajonesdesign

Hi Guys, 

Love DMS and use the developer version frequently. I am going to be teaching a WordPress DIY class and I would love to get everyone set up with the free version of DMS with the options to upgrade. So, I am testing out the free version on a practice site. I have tried it on 2 sites now, one of them a fresh install. In both cases the background will not save on any new canvas sections. I can make the change, but the little light stays green instead of red - like it doesn't recognize a change has been made. If I continue to make other changes, the light will turn red. Then I will publish and all of the changes will stay except for the background change. 

Here is one of the test sites: http://www.joshjonesworship.com/

My first class is April 23rd. Would LOVE if this was fixed by then. 

Thanks! Love Pagelines DMS and thinking my students will too!

Jenna

Danny

Hi Jenna,

You appear to have CloudFlare active, this is likely the cause of the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jennajonesdesign

Hi Danny, 

I was hoping that was the case as well. I tried it on another domain name still had the issue. After that I set up a demo site on FlyWheel and tried it out on a fresh install. I would show you the demo domain, but I haven't paid for the hosting account so it isn't live. Same issue. Has no one else had this issue?

Jenna

Danny

I am not experiencing this issue on my end. Can you record the issue and share it with us. Also, in the video show us that you have no custom code or plugins active. Also, why are you using DMS 1.x instead of DMS 2.x ?

jennajonesdesign

Oh, I thought the free version was just 1.0 So excited there is a free 2.0 When I looked for 2.0 I only found this page: http://www.pagelines.com/pricing/Did not look like there was a free version. Can you refer me to where I can find a free version of 2.0?

Thank you!!

jennajonesdesign

Danny - DMS 1.1.1 is the only version available in the WordPress Directory. I am going to be teaching a class, so I would ideally like my students to be able to find it in the directory and use it. This is the version I am using: https://wordpress.org/themes/dms/

Thanks!

jennajonesdesign

Hello Again! Ok, I got everything working correctly with the version above on my FlyWheel demo site. I am wondering if it was just caching. Nothing is different, but the background is sticking now. Thanks for your time!

Jenna

Danny

Hi Jenna,

There is no free version of DMS 2.x and thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.