Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryanpcmcquen

Allow editing in Firefox

ryanpcmcquen

I use the paid version of DMS 2 to develop sites. Firefox works just as well as Chrome for editing (if you change the user agent). Needlessly blocking the editor based on the user agent just creates more hassle than anything else. If you test the site in different iterations of Chrome's device emulation mode, occasionally DMS will think you are not in Chrome and you will have to refresh to get back into the front-end editor.

At the very least, I would love to see an option to turn off this user agent detection so that those of us that are brave enough to use DMS in browsers other than Chrome can do so.

Thanks.

Danny

Thanks for the feedback, I will be sure to pass this onto our developers.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

No problem.

rsmm

I would love to see this implemented as well, at least as an option. Blocking by user-agent just causes more harm than good.

Simon

The project being worked on now has no such limitations, thats about all I can say at the moment.

Aires

The project being worked on now has no such limitations, thats about all I can say at the moment.

​Awesome!!!

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

rsmm

​Will that upgrade be available to club members?

Danny

@rsmm

Unfortunately, we are unable to say anything more on the upcoming product.

TourKick (Clifford P)

You could change the user agent in Firefox and trick DMS into working in Firefox.

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.