Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

btnfv

DMS only shows 404 page. No site editing.

btnfv

So I did up a quick site using DMS as it was fairly quick. Now that I need to make a few changes I cannot make any. I just get a 404 page in the editor. I cannot figure out if DMS is broken or is I am forgetting how to do something that used to be so simple.

Things like this are why I never use DMS anymore and why I consider cancelling my membership sometimes. Hopefully the support is still decent.

btnfv

Looks like the editor has issues when the WP install and the site URL are different directories. Had to manually type in the URL to get it to work...maybe.

Danny

Hi,

What page is giving you the 404 error ? Can you provide a link please ?

Can you also provide a screenshot of the issue too please. As, it is likely if my assumption is correct, you simply need to replace the 404 section with the WP-Content/PostLoop section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

btnfv

Danny, it is always good to hear from you.

The main landing page is showing 404 when I click the Edit in DMS button. Is any reply to this topic private?

Danny

What do you mean when you click edit it is showing 404, do you mean an actual 404 error or are you referring to the 404 section ? If, it is the latter, simply replace the 404 section with the WP-Content/PostLoop section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

btnfv

This was not a simple 404 section problem. The editor was doing some weird stuff that I had not seen ever. The Activate Paglines Editor was not showing on any page in Chrome. It seems to be working now though. Possibly Chrome was having an issue as I changed nothing on the site and it is sort of working.

Without the Activate Editor option I went to the WP back end to Paglines and used the Edit Site Using DMS button. Using this still shows a 404 because it is defaulting to the WP install address and not the Site address. The ones set in WP>Settings>General. For example the install is www.site.com/wpinstall but the site address is just www.site.com. The edit button point to www.site.com/wpinstall and gives a 404 in the editor. Manually setting the address back to www.site.com in the address bar works now. When the issue was present this went back to the /wpinstall address and showed 404.

The problem I had initially was much weirder than this and there was no explanation I found. Sometimes weird stuff happens. I am glad it only lasted for a day or so and it is working again.

You may want to have the backend edit button point to the site address instead of the install address though.

I appreciate your attention to my support request. Still wondering if the topic is private. I thought there used to be a privacy thing available. Your support is still good. Thanks. I might try using DMS more often. This site was a way to get back into it a little bit. I recently started renewing a site running the old PL Framework that I never updated because I had a number of issues with DMS in the past and just gave up. I have hung on because you are a great group of guys.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?