Sign in to follow this  
bestjimmy

Which is child theme - Platform or PlatformPro?

bestjimmy

I am doing some building/launching work on a project where in the existing themes directory, there are 2 folders; (1)Platform and (2)PlatformPro. How can I tell which is the child theme or which one I should continue customization in? The name of the active theme in the WP dashboard is PlatformPro. Or am I totally off-base and there needs to be some sort of child theme based on PlatformPro?? Thank you.

bryan-hadaway

Do do mean PlatformPro Base? That's the only thing you want to activate. Platform would refer to the free non-pro theme. Thanks, Bryan

bestjimmy

Thanks, Bryan. The directory I am working in only has the two folders as mentioned above, and so I now know (thanks to your reply) I can eliminate Platform (free version) as one I should be working with at all. I am not seeing anything currently named PlatformPro Base. Only a folder named platformpro, and the WordPress dashboard indicating that PlatformPro is installed. Here is a screenshot of the directory inside the folder named platformpro: <a href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/dX9nf.jpg' alt='dX9nf.jpg'> From what I've read here so far, it sounds like PlatformPro is the framework that I do not want to customize and that I need to understand how/where to create a child theme [named base?]. Thank you for your help.

Kate

@Jimmy You're correct that the "platformpro" directory actually has the core theme files in it. A child theme is needed, but actually comes with the zip file. (It's in the same directory, and it's called "platformbase".) Do you still have the original zip file you received from PageLines? If so, just copy/paste the "platformbase" folder into the same Themes folder that you've referred to. Hope that helps. Please refer to the documentation for more information on themes and their installation.

bestjimmy

Kate, just the clarification I needed. Thank you. I am developing the site for the purchaser of the framework and now know the specific information/folder to ask for - actually, having the whole .zip from them loaded into their server would have been nice to start with :) You guys are great with support!

Kate

@Jimmy No problem at all! And, thanks for the feedback ;)