Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Logan

Tabkit - Show different Tabkit content on different pag

Ryan Logan

Website Page References:

If you scroll to the bottom of each page, you'll see the Tabkit implementations.  All of the Tabkit entries appear just fine.  However, what I really want to do is:  for each page, I only want to display Tabkit entries specific for that page (category).  

Here is what I've done so far.

1. Created Tabkit categories:  Club Racing Schedule and GS Racing Schedule
  2. Within each page's Tabkit, configured the following:  > Meta Content > Single Meta > "crs" (Club Racing Schedule) and > "gsrs" (GS Racing Schedule)
  3. Created Tabkit items for each Tabkit category by: a.) configuring the Custom Field to match the Single Meta ("crs" or "gsrs") and b.) specifying the Tabkit category (Club Racing Schedule or GS Racing Schedule)

Thank you,

Ryan

Danny

Hi Ryan,

Can you provide screenshots of your TabKit posts showing the custom meta you have used as well as the each pages TabKit options so we can see what you have.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Your Custom Archive Meta is empty ? Why have you not added GS Racing Schedule/Club Racing Schedule to that option ? Both options need to be populated for it to work, one if for archive and the other is for single.

The Tabkit documentation (I was able to find) does not cover how to fill out EACH setting value.

I've created a fresh website and tested Tabkit several different ways. Custom Archive Meta seems to have no bearing at all.  

Here is my fresh implementation.  Tabkit Page A should only be showing items in Category A.  Tabkit Page B should only be showing items in Category B.

So again...is my original request possible and if so how is it accomplished?

Danny

hmm, it looks as though there may be an issue with TabKit. The way it is supposed to work is like this:

You create new TabKits (posts) and then assign a category to those TabKits. When you use multiple categories, they should appear at the top on the left hand side. You can then click these and the posts (TabKits) for that category will be listed.

I will speak to our developers and see we can get this updated, as it is listing all posts regardless of what category you select.

Also, you appear to be confused, as the TabKit custom archive fields are not there to filter out content/posts, they are for meta, such as post date, tags etc.. it is not the same options that appear in Flipper or Masonic sections. That is Meta Key and Meta key values. You had me confused for a moment, but I have just realised what you're attempting to do and that isn't possible with TabKit.

Thanks. We'll see if the devs find anything, but for the moment I've moved on a purchased "Accordions" from the marketplace.  It does exactly what I hoped Tabkit would do.

Ryan

Danny

Can you write in bullets what you thought TabKit would do please. So I can pass this feedback onto our developers please.

Sure. Here is what I hoped Tabkit would do and needed it to do for a current project:

-On a page, display entries for a particular Tabkit category and no other Tabkit category. Don't even show the tab for the other categories either.
-On another page, display entries for a different Tabkit category and no other Tabit category. Don't even show the tab for the other categories either.
-On another page, show all tabs and all entries.
-Allow the user to specify the # of entries to display rather than hard setting it to 6
-For the pagination, when a user click Previous Entries or Newer Entries, they should be taken to the other entries for that tab, rather than reload the entire page and take the user all the back to the top of the page. In other words...be able to "flip" through the tab entries.

Think of this as a solution to display different news articles on different pages and then displaying ALL news on s designated page.

Danny

Okay, yeah that is what I thought you were going to suggestion. Unfortunately, TabKit wasn't designed to be used in that way. 

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?