Sign in to follow this  
gfusion

New Page inline Background Body Image - Default Template

gfusion

Hi, PlatformPro question... I am trying to add a background image behind the text in all the new pages I add to the site. The pages use the DEFAULT TEMPLATE and I wanted to know if I insert something into the CSS or is there a page template to add the body area background image (not the entire page background, but the interior body text area background) there. I have a fixed-width page and not full-width-length if that helps. I just want there to be an image behind the text area on each new page I add through the PAGES tab (add new page) so where would I set that to show? images/body_bg.png Thanks in advance, James

Andrew

You would use the ol' `url(images/body_bg.png) no-repeat 0 0` Did you read through the docs? Know Firebug?

gfusion

Yeah I read through the docs and also I understand the background code, but WHERE is the file where I insert that code? It does not pick up from the Custom Code section in the E-Panel nor through the CSS in the folder where theme.css is located. Is it in a certain page file like the main page is located within template.postloop.php and that is how I changed it on the home page, but need to find out where it is for the newly created pages since it does not pick up from the main page background insertion. Does anyone know what the file name that controls the PAGE.php which should be the default page for newly created pages and then I can insert that code to pull the body bg image? Thanks in advance all, James

gfusion

Nobody knows where the inner pages content is located? I will post that so everyone knows once I find out where the DEFAULT template page is for the interior pages... The main page is easy, but unless the interior is on the same page it might take a little while to find it since they designed the Epanel without a simple side feature where you can easily change code like most other wordpress panels.. The platform gets an A, but would get an A+ if they did not have the EDITOR in the WP panel state LOAD TEMPLATE for each template and have it so you could click on the DEFAULT TEMPLATE and code it in the panel, or the FIXED-WIDTH, etc.. so everything is accessible from the one panel. I guess you never fully think of things until they are live and you get live feedback. At least when I find this solution everyone will know and it will be easier for anyone to set custom coding to the inner pages that you create by clicking ADD NEW PAGE... I bought this thinking it was ALL in a main EASY panel location, but I guess I should have read posts before buying it and that way could avoid all these extra hours and days trying to do a simple customization item that in other themes are straight forward. Check back from my post when I find the answer.. J