Sign in to follow this  
somagoods

Adding Mailchimp subscribe form

somagoods

I'm trying to add a modified Mailchimp subscribe form on this page but it keeps stripping the code so that I can't remove the "name" and "email address" when people are typing in the boxes. This it the code I'm trying to add to the page: <input type="text" value="Name" name="FNAME" class="form_field" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Name';}" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Name') {this.value = '';}"/> <input type="text" value="Email Address" name="EMAIL" class="form_field"onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Email Address';}" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Email Address') {this.value = '';}"/> <input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" class="form_button"/> Also, any tips for how to change the font/color in the form? I'm using Platform Pro: http://somagoods.com/subscribe

cmunns

which code is it stripping, I'm not sure I understand the problem?

somagoods

It takes off the onblur form_field stuff and changes it to this. Basically, I want the "name" and "email address" to disappear when someone types in that form field. <form id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" action="http://somagoods.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe/post?u=5af65f5541de2f7545a7123dd&id=dfbda46fcd" method="post"> <input class="form_field" name="FNAME" type="text" value="Name" /> <input class="form_field" name="EMAIL" type="text" value="Email Address" /> <input class="form_button" name="subscribe" type="submit" value="Subscribe" /></form>

Kate

Hi Jennifer - I just created a test page and tried this in WP, and it worked fine. (It saved the OnBlur, etc.) I hate to ask such a silly question, but are you sure you're copying/pasting the correct code? Try copy/pasting this in its entirety, directly into HTML view mode of the page edit screen:

<form id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" action="http://somagoods.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe/post?u=5af65f5541de2f7545a7123dd&id=dfbda46fcd" method="post"><input type="text" value="Name" name="FNAME" class="form_field" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Name';}" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Name') {this.value = '';}"/> <input type="text" value="Email Address" name="EMAIL" class="form_field"onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Email Address';}" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Email Address') {this.value = '';}"/> <input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" class="form_button"/></form>

If that still doesn't work, we'll see if we can narrow down the cause on your installation.

somagoods

Hi Kate, It's the strangest thing. I'll paste that exact code in the HTML view mode of the page edit screen, and the first time I update it, it works properly with the 'name' and 'email address' disappearing when you type in the form. But then when I go back into the page edit screen, it changes it to the other code. Is there something that's overriding it?

cmunns

I believe the visual editor will strip out certain tags when applicable. Is there WordPress safe code? that MailChimp can offer I'm sure they have an integration of somesort that works with both?

somagoods

Ah, that must be the case. Will try to find the WP safe code.