Sign in to follow this  
abellemare

How do I assign specific blog posts to show up on 2 different blog pages.

abellemare

Recently, I have converted my site over to PlatformPro and I really like the Magazine style options which I am using for my home page. I have had a wordpress photography site for about two years now. http://abellemare.com and I have been using the blog feature to create posts for each new photo essay. Now I want to create a separate "News" page using blog posts. How do I create this separate blog page called "News" to show only "News" posts and not my Photo Essay's? And vice versus, I do not want my News" posts to show up under my "Photo Essay" Page - home page? If I convert all of my current Photo Essay posts into Pages, then I loose the Magazine Style home page to show them off as posts.

abellemare

Thank you, but will I be able to make the photo essay category be my home page? Do I set this page as my blog page in the theme reading section?

doduserpl

I also want to set up a blog page template that displays a category of posts. I don't want to just use a category because I want to include intro info in the top of the page. Can I create a page template that displays a post category?

Kate

@Darryl Yes, you can definitely do that. You would need to use one of WP's built-in functions... either query_posts or wp_query. Feel free to post back if you need assistance implementing that. EDIT: Sorry, Anthony... just realized I didn't reply to your question. What you're trying to accomplish will need to be done with custom PHP. I recommend going the route Darryl was referring to: creating a custom page template.

abellemare

I need assistance implementing the custom page template using built-in-functions. Can you help me with that Kate? I want to reference a category.