Sign in to follow this  
pbuckna

Multiple versions of feature section, text options, duplicating pages

halsey

I wanted to put in a plug for Pat's original point #1. It would be extremely useful to be able to have a Feature on one page which uses certain transitions/navigation/size/play-pause button etc that are different from those on a different page. I use Features for video material as well as photos, so as an example, when I have a feature set with 4 videos, I probably would not want it to automatically transition between slides. But for a different feature set on a different page with photos, I would want it to transition automatically. Maybe adding a few override settings to the page meta options for Features would do the trick? Just a thought. Per Pat's #3, I use the 'Duplicate Post' plugin which works great in my experience for posts and custom posts such as Features. Thanks.

cmunns

Halsey thanks for the suggestion on Pat's #3

wendygordon

I also am DESPERATE to use another feature section but with a different nav and timing than the one i am using on my home page. Would it be possible to copy the features section into a new file called features2.php. do a search and replace for all instances of the word Features and features so that they become Features2 and features2? Would i need to change anything else in that code? (specifically the function section_persistent part in the new section features2.php? i would still have to register the new section Features2 in the functions.php file. but what would it now be called? OR.. would i just break everything?

cmunns

Thats the gist of it. You can even link to the same js and css files so there isn't duplicate http requests...just make sure that your jquery call for .cycle() is using the new feature2

wendygordon

hey adam, thanks. i am almost brave enough to try this. so it seems that i was almost right. i need to change ALL instances of Features, features, Feature and feature, not just Features and features to Features2, features2, Feature2 and feature2? in fact the only word with feature in it that wont change (i think) is the feature.png? is the jquery call for .cycle() in the features.php file? Is that what you are referring to? I looked around and i can see .cycle in there. as long as i change all the words from (F)feature(s) to (F)feature(s)2 it should work.? are there any instances of the word (besides the .png) that i don't change? Also, would you mind, giving me the correct code to call the new section? as always, Adam, thanks so much. W