Sign in to follow this  
kinek

Custom.css file doesn't work

kinek

I understand there is a custom CSS section in the custom code section of Platform Pro theme options but before I noticed it I did what I usually do, add custom CSS to the custom.css file located in PlatformPro/css/custom.css. This is installed by default by PageLines. When I add code to this file nothing happens. If I add the identical code to the custom CSS section in theme options it works. Is this a bug?

Kate

Hi Karen - Actually, that's not the file that's getting updated (or used) for the custom CSS. That file is in core/css/dynamic.css. Hope that helps clear things up.

kinek

ok, but why include the file if it's not even being used? I would suggest deleting it as it can confuse users.

kevinlearynet

Thanks for the tip on this Kate, One little kvetch with this method I found is that everytime I update the settings to the theme it will reset the dynamic.css file and wipe out my custom CSS. To preserve my CSS customization's I need to re-upload dynamic.css CSS after each setting change, which in turn wipes out the CSS related settings I saved. This was less than ideal, when I hand off the project I'm working on to a client I can't have all the custom CSS wipe out each time they change a PageLines setting. As a solution I added a LINK REL call to the Headerscripts area to include the /css/custom.css file and isolate my changes from the dynamic CSS generated by the theme. Under Settings > Custom Code > Headerscripts Code I added the following:

<link href="/wp-content/themes/platformpro/css/custom.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" />

You'll need to change the path based on your installation directory of WordPress, but I hope this helps. Is this indeed a bug?