Sign in to follow this  
kinek

5 column footer is tripling content

kinek

For some reason when I add 5 widgets to the 5-column footer that comes with Platform pro, it triples. For example I will add 2 text/html widgets and 3 links widgets. The 3 links widgets are tripling while the two text/html widgets are only showing up once. This must be a bug and I would be surprised that I am the first one to find it. Any idea on how to fix this?

kinek

I would like to add that if I remove the links widgets and only have text/html widgets the problem is gone. There seems to be a bug when adding links widgets to the 5 columns sidebar. Ideas? Fixes on the way?

Kate

Hi Karen - Do you have a link and/or a screenshot available, please? Thanks

kinek

Our website is just being created and under maintenance mode. You can just install the platform pro theme and add a links widget and see what I am talking about. We have decided to use all text/html widgets instead of the links widget so it isn't a problem for us, but at the same time it should be fixed for other users.

bryan-hadaway

Hi Karen, That's good to hear you got it fixed. It might not necessarily be a bug, if it is it may have also been addressed. Are you using the latest version? It's always good to check your LaunchPad account to make sure you're up-to-date: http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php Also, it could be a markup issue. Once you go live you might want to run it through W3C: http://validator.w3.org/ Another issue I've seen in the past is not giving all the widgets a title can cause a hiccup. Thanks, Bryan

kinek

Hi Bryan, Since I moved away from using the links widget I won't be able to test it when it goes live. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up so if it needed to be fixed you could include it in the next release. I am using the latest version.