Sign in to follow this  
heshiro

Full Page Background Image + Footer Background Color

heshiro

Hi, I'm trying to make a background image in my fixed-width website. What I want is for the background to be fixed and to automatically resize depending on the user's browser preferences so that there is no background color seen. I've been trying to incorporate the CSS code in example #1 of this tutorial: http://css-tricks.com/perfect-full-page-background-image/ The code is as follows: html { background: url(images/bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; } I've been able to insert the "no-repeat center center fixed" code in my custom CSS by putting a !important on the end of it which appears to do as the code says. However, I am unable to use the rest of the attributes with or without the !important tag. Another thing is that I need my footer to also be fixed width with the bottom edge at the very bottom of the site. and I want this footer background to be black. Can someone help me out with these items? Thanks! -AL

Andrew

Hey Al, Have you seen the tutorials on Firebug? This looks like a 'specificity' issue.. Also you might be applying these properties to the wrong element (we recommend never applying css to the `` tag)

heshiro

Hi Andrew, No could you point me to these tutorials? Also, is there a better place to ask for specificity issues or is that something that Pagelines doesn't support? Lastly, I didn't include the <html> tag. I just tried to apply these properties to the body tag in my custom css. Thanks

sidianmsjones

Hi Andrew, I think there should be a section of the documents that cover design elements like adding backgrounds, separately changing the bg colors of headers, footers, etc.