This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
It took me a long time to figure this out so I thought I'd share my experience. Maybe someone can verify or benefit.
NextGen is a popular gallery plugin. With the Plus or Pro versions, which have features you need, there is a second plugin called NextGen Pro.
With NextGen Pro activated, you can't add DMS sections, the DMS2 GUI just doesn't let you drag them. However, you can work with the sections that are already on the page.
With NextGen Pro DE-activated, its functionality breaks but you can add sections (e.g., ones containing the galleries you're creating).
Bottom line, workflow is
- leave the regular NextGen plugin activated
- deactivate the NextGen Pro plugin to add DMS2 sections
- reactivate the NextGen Pro plugin to configure your galleries and publish the site
Hope this helps.
I played with DMS last year, and half-completed a website, and now starting from scratch. Everything was going fairly smoothly, and then there started a couple glitches.
I'm using google Chrome, and my website is DevoraKalma.com but I'm not sure that will help because there is hardly anything on there. I attached one screen shot. For this one: when I try to drag and drop a new item (like a nav bar or column) I either can't drag it at all, or the icon of the item will appear haphazardly on my layout somewhere and get "stuck" and can't be clicked on or altered, and then I have to reload the page.
There is one more glitch, but I'll keep it to a separate question -- it's even weirder!
My start up disk is almost full and I had to download google Chrome to work on the site, but... it was working just fine for like 8 hours, and then this started happening.
Anything I can do?
Like a lot of people, I have built my wordpress (version 4) website in it's own folder. Not the top level of the hosting server.
The domain was still pointing to the old website also in it's own folder. While i was building the the new website, the IP address/folder(http://s446863904.onlinehome.us/WP) was pointing to the website i was building. I eventually pointed the domain (http://envymeremy.com) here.
Thats when things got a little screwed up. Especially when I made the change in wordpress general settings.
WordPress Address (URL): http://s446863904.onlinehome.us/WP
Site Address (URL): http://envymeremy.com(formerly the same as above)
So after fixing the 505 and 404 issues (editing the .htaccess file in top level of this website) that now follow changing the url, the first thing i noticed was that the fonts weren't embedding.
In my child theme's css file, i had to change:
The pagelines font/symbols for dropdown and slider arrows aren't loading.
So now whats happening is, when I launch the dms editor, it goes to a page that "does not exist". I'm thinking thats because the homepage was http://s446863904.onlinehome.us/WPand is now http://envymeremy.com/.
When i click on the links in the navigation (Home, about us, etc), it takes me to the page, but I don't get the dms editor with options to add anything, edit the sections or anything. Just the page as i would see it if i were not logged into wordpress.
DMS 2 with a child theme
hosting: 1and1.com plan: 1&1 Unlimited
Website URL: http://casseysdesigns.com
DMS Version: DMS 2.1.1
WordPress Version: WP 3.9.1
Plugins in Use: Pagelines Updater, DMS Professional Tools, Branding DMS - I did test with these 3 plugins off and it made no difference. All other plugins are still deactivated.
I am unable to drag and drop new sections onto my site, I am unable to resize the dms toolbar, I have no hover effects with the dms section editor live - I have to click on the section to get the edit and other options and often the screen times out before the edit section loads up in the dms toolbar. The problem started when I was building a logo gallery with popthumbs, which was the night before last. I have tried everything I can think of :( including removing most of the gallery in case it was a size issue. But upon doing so I realized that the problem was not isolated to just that page, the issue is sitewide!
I am happy to provide login details if you need them to assist me in finding the problem.
I have checked other sites that I have built on the system to see if I had a problem with my browser and/or extensions but I am not experiencing the problem on any other dms sites.
Thanks in advance for you help.
I can't even make the simplest modifications to my site today because I cannot click on the pencil edit icons for the respective elements on the page. If I hover over an element towards the middle of the element itself, I see the 4-arrow icon for moving the element. If I move the cursor a wee bit higher, I see the edit options appear atop the respective element however when I hover the cursor over the edit options, they simply vanish. To further compound the issue and the frustration stemming from it, I moved a couple of elements into other containers in hopes that I might be able to make edits from within these alternate containers. Having done this, I now have elements that don't necessarily appear in the container unless I move another element over it. Furthermore, I cannot get the 4-arrow cursor to engage when hovering over these elements, so they're stuck in container limbo.
Since one can only make edits in Chrome I cannot identify a workaround for this.
I'm fit for a straight jacket right about now and would love some assistance getting out of this hole.