Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aldisney

Hero Images on iPad: Chrome and Safari

aldisney

Hello--

I'm running into some problems with the Hero module on a site when viewing on an iPad Air in portrait-mode. This occurs in both Safari and Chrome. The hero image overlaps the text/heading, even when I try adjusting the %'s for both text and image. I tried searching "hero", "ipad" and "hero ipad", but didn't find anything on the subject in the forums.

Here's an image.

[attachment=2586:IMG_0102.jpg]

Technical Info:

WordPress 4.1

DMS 2.1.9.2

GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting

Temp URL: alltradesdesign.us 

Site Info: 

Work in progress; front page is the only "built" page

Danny

Hi,

Does this happen if you use 50% and 50% ? 

What are your current settings ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

aldisney

Right now, it's set to 66/33, but yes, it happens with 50/50, too. No other settings than that - I don't have a button added.

Danny

OK, I have reported this to our bug tracker for our developers to review. We appreciate your reporting this.

tecteamplymouth

Did this get resolved.  I have experienced this since the first version of DMS.  To only way to fix is to not reverse the Hero section.

Danny

This should have been fixed in a recent update.

• Similar Content

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Greetings
      I just migrated an old DMS2 site to PL5 at cassClayton.com. If you look at the site on Safari browser, you will see the top nav bar (NavPro) is white, but gets revealed as you start to scroll the page. NavPro is used in the Header section, then a Text section in which I have Shortcode for the Smart Slider3 plugin. Would have preferred to use a PL-compatible slider but found it difficult to get Flick and Impress slider to simply fill full screen, just height of images (they were filling whole screen, hence large black area filling in the rest).
      So seems on Safari that the load order of the plugin may be causing the Nav bar to be overwritten? or something. 
      Hoping someone can help?
      thanks...  (works fine on Chrome, Firefox, even Tor, just not Safari)
    • dwpoyner
      By dwpoyner+
      Not sure exactly what is causing the issue. For some reason, why you view my site on mobile, the menu does not show up. It will pop up, but it is black. You can check it out here: http://dev.caryfbc.org. I'm also attaching a screenshot where I shrunk my browser down. Any suggestions?

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      every since Chrome introduce scroll anchoring (see chrome://flags) blog posts on my page start scroll automatically as soon as the user scrolls down a bit. It is super annoying and I don't know exactly what triggers the incompatibility with Chrome's latest feature that is supposed to improve usability.
      Since I don't know what causes it (Pagelines, or a Plugin), I would like to disable the feature using a CSS override that Google describes as follow:
      "Scroll anchoring aims to be the default mode of behavior when launched, so that users benefit from it even on legacy content. A CSS property overflow-anchor can disable scroll anchoring in part or all of a webpage (opt out), or exclude portions of the DOM from the anchor node selection algorithm. This property supports the following values when applied to an element E:
      overflow-anchor: auto (the default value) declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E. overflow-anchor: none declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is not eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E." Do you guys happen to know how to use that property with the ROOT element so it applies to the whole page?
      Thanks
      Michael 
    • jagipson
      By jagipson+
      We had this site on our cloud 9 server and moved it to a Amazon Web Service server using Cloud Front and now the Editor on chrome is missing just says USE GOOGLE CHROME TO EDIT WITH DMS. Have tried multiple computers and same results. Any solutions why we would be have this problem?  Won't work on any page.
      http://www.viaglobalgroup.com/
      Thanks

Matt
      @Danny @Andrew 

• StuLeeUK
      By StuLeeUK+
      Good morning,
      I have set up my homepage using the Elements sections, a Masthead at the top and then a selection of Heroes lower down.
      I only just realised that the Heroes set a H1, as does the Masthead.
      Is there an easy way I can change the Heroes to an H2/H3 etc so as to improve the structure of my headers, whilst keeping the Masthead as H1?
      I really don't know much at all about CSS, which is why I use Pagelines because it's just so easy to create good looking pages without too much confusion.

page for reference is https://www.avangocouriers.co.uk
      Thanks,
      Stu