Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SamRussell

Sharebar not displaying

Recommended Posts

SamRussell

My website, www.uxbridgeguitarlessons.co.uk is on DMS1. I tried adding the sharebar to blog posts recently, but it only displays a text link to twitter, like this:

 

http://uxbridgeguitarlessons.co.uk/5-reasons-need-guitar-teacher/

 

Any ideas on how to fix this? 

 

 

Thanks! 

 

Sam

 

[attachment=2583:Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 11.04.39.png]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SamRussell

How bizarre! Thanks for replying Danny! 

 

Edit: When logged in and editing with DMS it does not display correctly, but when I log out and view it it's fine. Weird. At least it works for people visiting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

When you're logged in, can you inspect the twitter text link using Chromes dev tools and see if there are any errors. If so, please take a large screenshot so we can see them. Upload your screenshot to a image hosting service such as imgur and then share the shortlink in your reply.


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SamRussell

I tried that when it wasn't working, but I couldn't see any errors coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

As it now appears to be working, but wasn't before. It could well be related to your hosting, are you on shared hosting ?


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SamRussell

I'm afraid I'm not sure what that means, but probably. I have a pretty cheap web host, so I doubt I have anything fancy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

If you're using cheap hosting, this is most likely shared hosting. Where your web host provider places hundreds sometimes thousands of websites on one server, hence why your web host and shared hosting is so cheap. However, the down side is that for them to do this, they enable certain functions on the server configuration which can cause conflicts on some scripts or themes that use advance techniques.

 

It may be related to your browsers extensions, try disable all of them, if you have any installed and see if this resolves your issue.

Therefore, if you encounter the issue again, please inspect using Chrome dev tools and provide any screenshots of errors that are displayed. I apologise, I am unable to help you any further, but the section is working on my end and on your site as far as I can see.
 


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×