Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tom0360

Disable Collapsable Dynamic Content Area

tom0360

On a pagelines DMS site - http://www.exhibeo.com/it has a collapsable area where the revslider is placed which is the blue area on the page. I realize this is most likely done with javascript but am wondering what is the best method to disable the collapsing of this area.

What I want to do is change the width of the area to be inline with the width of the menu and change the height to be smaller and it all just scroll as normal leaving the top area fixed. Is there a way in the backend to set this or at least disable the collapsing area?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Danny

Hi Tom,

See our answers documentation which has an article on this very subject - http://answers.pagelines.com/questions/114983-remove-the-transform-effect-from-revslider

The RevSlider is a full width section and therefore, it is not possible out of the box to configure it to be content width. However, I have refactored the RevSlider section so that it can be used both as a full width section and a content width section. You can download this refactored version here - https://github.com/Dannyholt/dual-width-revslider

Once downloaded, you will need to use a child theme and then extract the .zip and rename the directory to "revslider" (without quotes). Then simply upload the revslider folder to your child themes sections folder via an FTP client. You can found the correct directory by going to /wp-content/themes/child-theme-folder/sections/

If you're not using a child theme you can use either my Skeleton theme or the official PL Starter theme.

http://dannyholt.github.io/skeleton/

http://answers.pagelines.com/how-to-install-a-child-theme

Please search our forums, before posting!

tom0360

Danny,

Thank you for the assistance. I added the css to prevent the collapsing of the slider area. I am not real comfortable with pagelines as of yet and not sure I will follow up on switching to a child theme. It may work just as well changing to a boxed layout. The only other thing that seems affected by this is the footer which I think will be fine.

Are there settings in the backend to change the size of the slider? I notice previewing the boxed layout the text on the slider gets cut off. I don't mind figuring it out but want to make sure i am not missing something and doing extra work for nothing.

Thank you again for the great support.

Danny

None of the sliders in DMS have the option to change the its size. If your text is being cut off, then you will want to reformat it. Basically, it is likely your text is too long or you have one or more words that has a lot of characters. Therefore if you have something like this:

I went to Constantinople for a walk

Format it so it is like this:

I wen to<br>

Constantinople for a walk

This should resolve your issue.

tom0360

Hi Danny,

I think I am figuring it out. I set the height of the slider area and playing with some css to set the width which I believe should work good. 

Thanks again for your assistance.

tom0360

Hi Danny,

I used some css to set the width of the slider area and used some css to force word-wrap on the text.

1. /* wrap long text and urls */
  2. white-space: pre; /* CSS 2.0 */
  3. white-space: pre-wrap; /* CSS 2.1 */
  4. white-space: pre-line; /* CSS 3.0 */
  5. white-space: -pre-wrap; /* Opera 4-6 */
  6. white-space: -o-pre-wrap; /* Opera 7 */
  7. white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; /* Mozilla */
  8. word-wrap: break-word; /* IE 5+ */

Danny

Thanks for sharing.

tom0360

If it is useful to anyone, here is the complete code I setup to disable the Transition of the slider and to make set the slider to content width instead of a fluid width. I added the css to adjust the slider content and allow it to auto wrap as needed.

/* Disable Slider Collapsing */

#site .section-revslider .pl-area-wrap
{
moz-transform: none !important;
ms-transform: none !important;
o-transform: none !important;
transform: none !important;
webkit-transform: none !important;
}

/* RevSleder Modifications */

#revsliderurw4crs
{
margin: auto;
width: 1100px !important;
}
.slider-content.centered
{
left: inherit !important;
max-with: 100% !important;
width: 100%;
}
.revslider-container h2.slider-text small
{
font-size: 20px;
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
white-space: pre;
white-space: pre-line;
white-space: pre-wrap;
white-space: -pre-wrap;
word-wrap: break-word;
}
.pl-black
{
background-color: #FFF;
}

/* Revslider adjustment for responsive Design */

@media only screen and (max-width: 1100px)
{
#revsliderurw4crs
{
margin: auto;
width: 100% !important;
}
}

tom0360

Danny,

Would you any suggestions why the slider does not seem to ever change. It does not work with my custom css and tried reverting back to the original. The slider does not ever change.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.