Sign in to follow this  
russ0091

Custom Set of Social Icons Nav Bar image

russ0091

Hey everyone, I have a custom set of social icons I'd like to use in place of the default. How would I go about changing them and in which file? Secondly, I want to add a image (gradient bar) to the nav bar behind the text. How would this be approached? Thanks in advance, Steve

bryan-hadaway

For the icons, download this file: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/wp-content/themes/platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png Update with your icons, doesn't matter if you won't use all of them. Keep the name the same and then simply upload, overwriting the old image to this path: /platformpro/wp-content/themes/platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png For adding a nav bar, upload it through Media or however you want and copy that URL, then we'll start with this CSS: `#nav_menu{background:url(whatever.png)}` then give me the link to your site with code implemented and we'll go from there. Thanks, Bryan

cshoffmann

Bryan, Do you mean to update the icons in photoshop or what tool are you saying to update the icons with? thanks, Shaun

Kate

@cshoffmann Photoshop would work, or another image-editing software program. The idea would be to keep the dimensions the same, only update the actual images for each icon.