Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jsecore

editor icons all squares

jsecore
Website URL: barnettlimo.com
Framework Version: 2.1.9.1
WordPress Version: 4.1
Plugins in Use: all off to test
Server/Host: rackspacecloud.com

Details: I have DMS running on several sites with my host without a problem, so i do not think it is them, but it could be possible.  I just created this domain for a customer and started with DMS I noticed all the icons for the editor including the front end icons in the header for search and menu are all missing.

I have tried wiping out the dms folder and re-uploading, clearing and resetting everything...  yes all the icons are still missing...

here is another project hosted on the same server without issue:   http://easttennesseeveinclinic.com/knoxville

[attachment=2570:dms-issue.jpg]
[attachment=2571:another-site-without-issue.jpg]

Simon

You must be using some kind of root relative url plugin. Its breaking the font CSS.

jsecore

I disabled all plugins  so I thought that couldn't be.   I looked and there it was in the list... but in fact it was disabled... i re-enabled it and viola... they are working... WEIRD  : )

THANK YOU!!!

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dario

Sorry to open this up again but I'm having the same issue, I think. As such, I thought it best to not create a new thread.
I'm asking because I just cloned a live site (working fine) to a staging subdomain and I'm seeing the same thing: squares in the live editor where DMS icons ought to be.

Disabling all plugins has no effect.

Changing from my child theme to DMS base does neither.

Chrome dev does show this error:

www.staging1.klrousar.com/:1 Font from origin 'http://www.klrousar.com'has been blocked from loading by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://www.staging1.klrousar.com' is therefore not allowed access.

Must be something on the live site that the staging site is trying to call. I just can't figure out how to either allow it or break the connection.

Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy is something I've not knowingly added.
iThemes Security Pro, CloudFlare, WP-Rocket are all candidates I suppose so perhaps it's best to try on break the connection between the two sites?
From where does DMS call the font?

Danny

If you have iThemes security, CloudFlare etc.. then you're going to need to disable them as they're likely the cause your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dario

Yep. Kinda makes the idea of a Staging site useless though, in that the live and copy cannot be identical and therefore pushing/pulling between the two will be impossible. I've not yet got to git but I assume that the same things will be going on. Still, I want to be able to test updates on the actual server before doing the update on the live site, so that's of some use.

I noticed that when I used Duplicator and also BackupBuddy (tested both to see which worked more completely) to move from dev on my Mac to the live server, I still had to go into the live db and search/replace numerous instances of the domain names as well as the path to images. I then had to export the DMS settings from dev and import them to live for everything to fully replicate.

Don't get me wrong, these are not necessarily DMS complaints but more SiteGround ones.

Anyway, since it's not wise to disable those plugs on the live site (and they have already been disabled on the staging site), how can I break the connection between the two regarding DMS? Simply overwriting the DMS folder had no affect and the staging site is still trying to get font awesome from the live site. Is there a table in the db where I can change this?

Simon

If the 'donor' site has the DMS nocache mode turned on, then the 1st time and every time you load a page on the new site the css will all be rebuilt.  

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?