Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evscicats

Can you tell us what you're working on? DMS3? New Extensions?

evscicats

Just curious what you guys are working on.  You guys are so secretive!  Sometimes the silence is deafening.

I think it would be great if there was a place in the forum where you guys would post what's in development.  It would generate excitement for what's coming and also help you guys out with gaining feedback on features before a product is even launched.  

What if you had a survey after you launch a new Club extension to find out what people are wanting next and also to give feedback on the latest Club extension?  Maybe give a list of five trending extension ideas people are asking for on the forums that are within the realm of being an extension.  You could also give a fill-in-the-blank box for users to submit another extension idea not listed on the survey.  Maybe the Top 2 selected extension ideas are what you work on for the next couple of months.  Sometimes I feel the free Club extensions are not meeting my needs and I wish that the Pagelines user community had a little involvement in what is created.  It would be awesome to see an extension I voted on being posted to the Club extensions list.  Just an idea.

One last suggestion.... I go to your Blog page once or twice a week to see if there's anything new and rarely there is anything new.  I think there's a new post once or twice a month.  What if you started doing a weekly DMS tip or feature a Wordpress plugin that works great with DMS?  Might give users ideas on how they can use your framework with other plugins.  Might drive up your sales too which is always a plus!  Elegant Themes does this and I subscribe to their newsletter.  Check them out if you haven't seen their blog – it's really good. 

Thanks for listening.

Jerrad

Hey Jerrad,

Those are some great suggestions.  We're always happy to receive club extension ideas but can't guarantee that they'll be built.  Feel free to send an email to [email protected] and offer up your suggestions.  There are also a few places around the forum where you can post extension ideas for our third party devs.  We read those too as it helps us see where the pain points are for users.  

As far as the blog goes, we're working on ways to enhance that.  If you really want to get a feel for what we're thinking/talking about, check out Twitter and Facebook as we're posting pretty regularly there.  Lots of cool tips and tricks for working with WordPress, web design, etc.  I just posted an article recently on GrandStand (our most recent Club extension) so there's some reading for you.  ;-)

Thanks again for the great feedback and as always, feel free to connect with us via [email protected]  

James.